Battlefield Hardline

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's Battlelog update has unearthed a new cross platform Battlefield title with the initials BFH. This points to a reveal of the possible S.W.A.T. themed 'Battlefield Havanna' title at E3.

Battlelog Update Hints New Battlefield Title, Cross Gen, Codename BFH: Battlefield: Havana?

Its seems like the next installment in Battlefield franchise will be a cross-gen title i.e will launch on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS3. As per the details coming out from Battlelog update, the next Battlefield is codename as "BFH".

Does this mean insider rumors that stated that next Battlefield title is codename as "Battlefield Havana" were TRUE? The codes further revealed details regarding various soldier types in the game. Players will be able to play as Enforcer, Mechanic, Operator and Professional.

Electronic Arts will be attending E3 2014 next month, we expect them to unveil new Battlefield title along with trailer and some gameplay footage. Here is the snapshot of Battlelog update:

sX05Dic.png

Last week, well known industry insider, Shinobi602 via Twitter stated that new Battlefield 4 is currently in development at Visceral Games and Electronic Arts will make an announcement at E3 2014. He also revealed that the tentative title is "Battlefield: S.W.A.T"

Looks like the new game is Battlefield Hardline.

Police-themed Battlefield Hardline details leaked via Battlelog update • Eurogamer.net

Details of the next Battlefield game, apparently titled Battlefield Hardline, have been spotted online following a new Battlelog update.

new-battlefield-game-clues-spotted-in-battlelog-update-reports-140120093241.png

jpg

Internally code-named Havana and in development at Dead Space studio Visceral Games, the police and thieves-themed spin-off has been rumoured for some time.

A logo and artwork for Battlefield Hardline were spotted lying on EA's server, along witha set of "BFH" icons for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One (thanks, GetBlog). "BFH+" icons, presumably for those with Battlefield Premium, were also spotted.

Other fresh data included what looks like four soldier classes (Enforcer, Mechanic, Operator, Professional), references to a map ("MP_Downtown") and parts of welcome message for those signing up to the game's beta.

Named modes include Blood Money, Bomb Squad and Carrier Assault.

The update actually broke Battlelog's emblem creator - a missing icon named "Visceralskull", presumably a reference to Havana's developer, was to blame. Writing on Reddit, a DICE employee confirmed the bug.

Separately, Twitter account Battlefield Daily spotted a list of new in-game awards for Havana. The images include a skull, weapons, police handcuffs and a bag full of money.

BopQoHDIgAA3KUy.png

Eurogamer previously reported that employees at the UK-based Ghost Games had been tasked with helping Visceral on the project, following EA's decision not to release a Need for Speed game this year.

Battlefield: Hardline will undoubtedly be unveiled during EA's annual press conference at E3 next month. The publisher left a conspicuous space open on its 2014 release schedule for an unannounced game set to be detailed at the event.

I'd be a little disappointed if they release a new Battlefield in 2014 as it would seem like support for BF4 would tail off.

I hope it's not out in 2014 and more of a 2015 game or better yet some new DLC for BF4.

I guess it could be OK if it's a very different game though. If this ends up being like a Rainbow Six / SWAT style of game it could be very interesting.

we've got nothing to worry about , it will take them 6 months to have a game that's playable ,
"so that will be this time next year then" :D

I'm kind of hoping this will be out this year,just before Xmas perhaps.

we've got nothing to worry about , it will take them 6 months to have a game that's playable ,
"so that will be this time next year then" :D
Nah, this is why they released the Battlefield Community Test Environment (CTE)...

October/November time I would expect, as long as it doesn't catch delayitis from the other AAA games.
I hope it's not a rush job to compete with the cod release though.

Just seen this on youtube...

I like the idea of a fps that's a bit different,and the cops and robbers idea seems like a good one,also not many armoured vehicles might be a good move also.

Well, that's blown EAs big reveal. Is there nothing these geeks can't sniff out? Thirty years ago they would of helped up beat the Commies. Now they are in their bedrooms all day sifting through website code.

I think someone at EA will be getting a bit of a telling off. Looks like EA are determined to turn BF into an annual release, like COD. Maybe this will freshen the series up a bit, or it could be pants. Time will tell.

Not sure if cops and robbers appeals as a "Battlefield" title. Having played many of the different battlefields over the years may be I am a bit stuck in my ways. Battlefield to me has always been a battlefield... a war/military related FPS.

I am sure this title will be enjoyable and more than likely a purchase by me, just not sure it belongs in this series...

My 2 pence worth....

I think someone at EA will be getting a bit of a telling off. Looks like EA are determined to turn BF into an annual release, like COD. Maybe this will freshen the series up a bit, or it could be pants. Time will tell.

It did wonders for COD so yeah it will be amazing.....oh wait no COD is crap now.
They are milking it, Annual Release and Paid for Battlepacks.

But people will pay and buy it and lap it all up.

BF is now dead people !

Interested to hear more about it before I write it off as a shameless cash in (which it probably is ;)).

BF4 is far too bloated with unnecessary equipment and unlocks, so something a bit more focused might be a welcome change.

Interested to hear more about it before I write it off as a shameless cash in (which it probably is ;)).

BF4 is far too bloated with unnecessary equipment and unlocks, so something a bit more focused might be a welcome change.

I would agree with you if it was not for the way they are handling BF4, its a mess across all platforms and I doubt they will fix it. At the start I had belief in them whey said they would hold off everything until they got it working. Then they forgot all about that and released the DLC, Crap Paid for Servers, Premium, Paid for Battlepacks and stupid Easter Eggs rather than focus on fixing the game.
They still never fixed the SP save bugs and people gave up on it. I expect once all DLC is delivered they will give up on it, feels like they already have.

I am just frustrated because I bigged up the game and people banged on about it not working at release and me saying dont worry DICE will fix any issues within a few months then it will be balanced and work well like BC2 or BF3....how wrong I was !

I would agree with you if it was not for the way they are handling BF4, its a mess across all platforms and I doubt they will fix it.

I expect that the new 'beta' test environment is more for the benefit of future frostbite titles than any improvements to BF4. This and Visceral's expertise in atmospheric first person games gives me some hope for Hardline.

My money's on it being pants.

I don't see how a SWAT theme easily fits Battlefield. A Rainbow 6 type game would be fine, but then it wouldn't really be BF would it?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom