Battlefield Hardline Xbox One Review

Discussion in 'Xbox One Battlefield' started by Guns_LotsOfGuns, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Guns_LotsOfGuns

Guns_LotsOfGuns
      Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3,313
    2. BRADY4GOAT

BRADY4GOAT

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +230
      I find the sp very repetitive and boring. Mp although they have added new modes has lost the love from me. I loved the the old style battlefield and has year has past it's getting more and more like call of duty but with bigger maps.

3. iwb100

iwb100

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +4,060
      I cannot comprehend anyone having much good to say about the SP. The mechanics are ridiculous and boring.

The MP is good. I agree that it is more like COD on acid with big maps and high action, mainly because although there are still vehicles they are second string to infantry combat now. But I don't think that is a terrible thing entirely. I like the speed at which conquest games go. In BF4 and BF3 even with official server ticket counts, it could still be very slow. In Hardline the action is continuous and games can twist and turn quickly.

Overall 6 is probably a fair score. The SP is dreadful and the MP whilst good could still be improved upon. Having said that I think as a basic MP shooter type experience it is superior to the last two Call of Duty games.

4. Dan201

Dan201

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +582
      Ive put about 7 hours into the MP mode and I can't say Ive enjoyed it much at all. Hotwire was fun for a while but the novalty wears off.

Last night I went back to BF4 and instantly had more fun. I think Im already finished with Hardline.

5. King Tones

King Tones
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +17,674
      I'm liking it, the SP was 10x more fun than BF4 & BF3.
      And I am enjoying the MP, have spent quite a few nights with fellow AVF Guys playing Hotwire and had a blast. Works better than BF4 for me and I am enjoying the new modes and lower player numbers. Had decent connections and no rubbish BS deaths like BF4.
      It's not the best MP or SP but for what I paid for it, its been fun so far.

6. iwb100

iwb100

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +4,060
      Yes, this is the first large scale MP game on console where you can feel like you're not being cheated by netcode constantly. Which is a big thing!

7. PaulieW

PaulieW

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1,115
      I really enjoy the MP on this. As previous posters have stated the game plays well and the game itself is faster and more fluid than previous Battlefield games. Which raises the point as to whether this should have been a Battlefield title or should have been developed as a separate franchise in it own right.

There are a few modes that you can dip in and out of quickly. Recently had a few games of Conquest where the game has went right down to the wire with single ticket wins. Epic stuff! I have not managed to get playing with a few of the regulars apart from Scary360. Will hopefully join a few AVFrs for a few games soon.