• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Moaning Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 24354
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24354

Thought that I would have a bit of a rant as the above 2 seem to be ruining my gameplay of late.

/RANT ON

For those of you that dont know, EA host all of their games on their own 'allegedly' regionalised servers. European servers are hosted in Sweden (why on earth I dont know). The idea being that regionalised servers reduce ping times and allow better load balancing etc. The problem is that EA are cheapskates and have not got eough US servers and so we get their overspill onto our servers. So what is the problem? you ask. The problem is that US players, on the Euro servers, lag the servers to death and you can't hit ****. You see the hit markers, sometimes even blood, but no kill. Players take entire clips to kill them, if they dont stab you to death first and then we get very frustrated and the rude words flow. EA need to restrict their servers to regional IPs, so that we dont get dial-up speeds on our nice Yank-Free Euro servers.

COD players (COD stands for Call Of the D1ckhead btw!) Why is it they even bother with our game ? All they ever want to do is find and use every hack, exploit, cheat and deviation from the game in the book. Why can these people not just play the game as it was intended? When they do play it is always me, me, me. No spotting, No heals, No ammo, no defending MComms, preserve their precious k/d ratio. I soooooo hope that Modern ****fest3 comes out at the same time as BF3 so at least they wont pollute our servers with their evil presence.

Anyway /RANT OFF

Mushii

Last edited by a moderator:

King Tones

Distinguished Member
You do realise that quite a few of the new players in this section have come over from COD to play 'your' game.
Should we all **** off aswell then ??

Didnt know certain players were not allowed to play 'your' game :rolleyes:

Also why do you think its COD players that are ruining 'your' Game ??

I have seen a hell of alot of high ranking players just sit on a hill and do bugger all and never go for an objective, maybe they are COD players with a Glitched Account giving them a higher rank in game....yeah that must be it :facepalm:

TcT Sid

Distinguished Member
EU servers are in the Netherlands and i dont care about COD players trying this game because if they try to play BC2 like COD they'll get wrecked by my tank :devil: They picked a country like the NL because to be fair their internet is way ahead of ours. I ping the NL better than parts of the UK, wish i was still living in Denmark ;)

Its more than just "COD" players, its just a player type, nothing you can do about it apart from playing HC and TK'ing them. DICE could have helped newer players by having a tutorial, instead its left up to us to help people lucky enough to use forums.

Now onto the servers, back at the start the yanks servers were total :censored: and they complained for months. EA brought out a fix for this, change your country in your EA account to another country. That of course lead to countless countries like USA, Canada and Australia changing their's to the UK. They chose the UK so they could still read things in English.
To this day it is still possible to do this :mad: So blame EA :thumbsdow

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
COD players (COD stands for Call Of the D1ckhead btw!) Why is it they even bother with our game ? All they ever want to do is find and use every hack, exploit, cheat and deviation from the game in the book. Why can these people not just play the game as it was intended? When they do play it is always me, me, me. No spotting, No heals, No ammo, no defending MComms, preserve their precious k/d ratio. I soooooo hope that Modern W*nkfest3 comes out at the same time as BF3 so at least they wont pollute our servers with their evil presence.

Actually I'm a COD player and started playing Battlefield for the Nam packs on the PS3. I'm the only bugger that bothers to spot EVER (i spam that button and I spot before I fire everytime!), I throw ammo, I heal, I defend and I'm pretty much the lowest ranked player as I'm crap and havent played that much. So seems unless your playing with a dedicated team everyone is out for themselves on this game. I'd say its worse than COD at times tbh

No idea what you even mean about 'hack, exploit, cheat and deviation' though. I assume its something I've not seen yet

P

planetmatt

No idea what you even mean about 'hack, exploit, cheat and deviation' though. I assume its something I've not seen yet

UAV C4 whoring, medic trains, Demo 2.0ing MCOMS with tanks from the furthest possible distance sometimes without even having a line of sight, C4 Quad Bikes, Placing mines and C4 on MCOMs, Circle Strafing, Wookies sitting just out of bounds that can kill you but not be killed.

Thats about all the cheap crap I can think of. Not sure it's hacking or exploiting thought.

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
UAV C4 whoring, medic trains, Demo 2.0ing MCOMS with tanks from the furthest possible distance sometimes without even having a line of sight, C4 Quad Bikes, Placing mines and C4 on MCOMs, Circle Strafing, Wookies sitting just out of bounds that can kill you but not be killed.

Thats about all the cheap crap I can think of. Not sure it's hacking or exploiting thought.

:confused: like I said...not played this much so I could be wrong here but I think you mean...

UAV C4 whoring - C4 on a UAV and flying and blowing up?
medic trains - Not a scooby
MCOMS with tanks - firing from a long way off?? not sure
C4 Quad Bikes - C4 on a quad, driving and detonating?
Placing mines and C4 on MCOMs - booby trapping an area?
Circle Strafing - Not a scooby
Wookies etc - Sniping from a long way off?

is that about right? Some are cheap, some are exploiting maybe but some seem perfectly normal (bolded)

The C4 things....surely thats what the Army have to face sometimes anyway so cheap in one way but realistic....

Or am I misunderstanding here?

d0ct0r46

I don't think any of them are a hack, exploit or a cheat but maybe a bit cheap :rolleyes:

edit: sorry i didn't accept you party invite last night matey, just finishing a few achievements off in portal 2 !!!

P

planetmatt

:confused: like I said...not played this much so I could be wrong here but I think you mean...

UAV C4 whoring - C4 on a UAV and flying and blowing up?
medic trains - Not a scooby
MCOMS with tanks - firing from a long way off?? not sure
C4 Quad Bikes - C4 on a quad, driving and detonating?
Placing mines and C4 on MCOMs - booby trapping an area?
Circle Strafing - Not a scooby
Wookies etc - Sniping from a long way off?

is that about right? Some are cheap, some are exploiting maybe but some seem perfectly normal (bolded)

The C4 things....surely thats what the Army have to face sometimes anyway so cheap in one way but realistic....

Or am I misunderstanding here?

C4 on a UAV allows the attackers to damage the MCOMs without any risk of dying plus the UAV is really hard to shoot down while moving. Bit of an exploit, not how it was intended to be used.

Medic Trains is a tactic used by pro players where you get an entire team of medics continually reviving each other and continually moving forward laying down massive fire from their LMGs, a little cheap but not really a big deal.

MCOMS with tanks is where some long time players know exactly where to park a tank and aim the turret so that they can hit the building containing an MCOM from miles away and sometimes without the defenders even being able to see the tank. It's really cheap, nearly always works but makes the game boring as hell and slow.

C4 on quads is exactly as it sounds. Kamikaze runs against the MCOMs. Again not a huge deal but it's cheap.

Mines around the MCOM and then C4ing enables far more damage to be done to the MCOMS than just using C4 along. Again, not what mines were designed to be used for and a little cheap.

Circle Strafing is where very good pilots are able to continuously circle the enemy but with the helo pointed at the target the whole time enabling a constant barrage of fire. Since the helo is constantly moving and usually fast, it is virtually impossible to tag with the tracer and even if you do, the good pilots fly with counter measures and it is impossible to RPG a tagged heli before they hit the smoke. They also fly faster than AA guns can rotate. Kudos to guys who can do it but it unbalances the game as there is no valid counter measure.

Wookies (Snipers) at range are fine, you can counter snipe. However there are some places on some maps where they can get out of bounds meaning they can shoot you but even if you headshot them, the shot doesn't count.

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
C4 on a UAV allows the attackers to damage the MCOMs without any risk of dying plus the UAV is really hard to shoot down while moving. Bit of an exploit, not how it was intended to be used.

yeah not how intended and pretty cheap admittedly...

Medic Trains is a tactic used by pro players where you get an entire team of medics continually reviving each other and continually moving forward laying down massive fire from their LMGs, a little cheap but not really a big deal.

Ah right, with you now...yeah cheap

MCOMS with tanks is where some long time players know exactly where to park a tank and aim the turret so that they can hit the building containing an MCOM from miles away and sometimes without the defenders even being able to see the tank. It's really cheap, nearly always works but makes the game boring as hell and slow.

Yeah cheap

C4 on quads is exactly as it sounds. Kamikaze runs against the MCOMs. Again not a huge deal but it's cheap.

Ok cheap if used continually but occasional I dont see too much of a problem with kamikazee....its a real life tactic. Plus on the Nam pack it fits in with the real war so normal.

Mines around the MCOM and then C4ing enables far more damage to be done to the MCOMS than just using C4 along. Again, not what mines were designed to be used for and a little cheap.

Mines I only use for anti tank/vehicle purposes so agree on that

Circle Strafing is where very good pilots are able to continuously circle the enemy but with the helo pointed at the target the whole time enabling a constant barrage of fire. Since the helo is constantly moving and usually fast, it is virtually impossible to tag with the tracer and even if you do, the good pilots fly with counter measures and it is impossible to RPG a tagged heli before they hit the smoke. They also fly faster than AA guns can rotate. Kudos to guys who can do it but it unbalances the game as there is no valid counter measure.

ah right....not seen it much on Nam packs...possibly cause Huey is slower. TBH I stay away from choppers as I'm rubbish at flying them...plus whenever I'm on a door gun the person flying is usually worse than me!

Wookies (Snipers) at range are fine, you can counter snipe. However there are some places on some maps where they can get out of bounds meaning they can shoot you but even if you headshot them, the shot doesn't count.

Yeah thats an exploit then and totally unfair

D

Deleted member 152499

This is starting to sound like the yet-to-be-created 'Battlefield Bad Company 2: Moaning Thread' :lesson: :D :devil:

P

planetmatt

This is starting to sound like the yet-to-be-created 'Battlefield Bad Company 2: Moaning Thread' :lesson: :D :devil:

Most of that stuff doesn't bother me. Only the circle strafers make me rage as I die over and over and there's nothing I can do.

The other stuff can be fought against.

On Nam, the helis aren't much of a danger when you can down them with a single LMG mag so you don't get circle straffers at least not for long.

bearman3784

Distinguished Member

Agreed :laugh:

That sniper thing makes sense now, so many times there has been someone right on the boundary of a map up a cliff and i swore i kept getting headshots to no avail, makes sense now why they were invincible :facepalm:

Looking at the AVF leaderboard those pesky COD players have some great stats for this game, strange :p An ingame tutorial would definately be a bonus for newcomers though, what other game is the back button ever used for actual gameplay purpose!?

meweavy

Distinguished Member
wow the first ever bfbc2 moaning thread.
thats goes to show the quality of the game if this is the first ever moaning thread,considering how long it has been out.
cod has had one since day dot(even though mw1 and2 were stunning games imo)

TcT Sid

Distinguished Member
I don't think it even deserves a moaning thread TBH.
Agreed, damn COD players :p
Tell me one thing about gameplay annoying you in BC2 and i'll tell you how to counter it :smashin:

Some good points here though, just a pity im just in from a BBQ with 10 beers in me :D and i cant be bothered to reply to them all....maybe tomorrow ;)

BTW the main moans here are to do with human nature, sorry nothing to be done about that :laugh:

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
There are also the guys who drive a boat under the map on some nam levels. They can shoot you from under the map and you can't do anything about it.

Circle strafing is a pain, but surely if they are just going in a circle you can anticipate where they are going? (still difficult to down a good pilot though)

I've not encountered the out of bounds snipers yet.

The other stuff is just tactics, cheap maybe but cheap often works. They can all be defended against.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Here's my token moan. Boats don't seem to last long when Richie is driving.

that's because the people on the guns are so damn unreliable, they don't kill the people trying to take the boat out :rolleyes::D

stick me on a gun, and it's a win-win all day long ;)

D

Deleted member 24354

Yes maybe I did go too far stereotyping COD players, but I do read a lot of game forums, including some of the forums advocating cheating. The reason I stereotyped COD players is that many of the players who were exploiting COD moved over to BFBC2 to see what havoc they could cause. For a long time they struggled as the BFBC2 code is much less prone to exploitation than the COD code, but finally weaknesses have been found. For example, lag switches were almost impossible to use in BFBC2 for a long time, but they are now becomming more widely used. The latest line in team-raping is to have clan players on opposite teams spotting for you as well as deliberate destruction of assets such as UAVs etc. BFBC2 for a long time was the reserve of the slightly more mature player, but of late even this bastion of sanctity seems to be devolving into the childrens playground of the 'if I cant have my own way, I'll spoil it for everyone generation'. The only reason I play BFBC2 now is the people that I play with, namely AVF players. I seldom play if nobody is about as often it needs teamwork to defeat the shoot and scoot type players.

Much of what I posted in my first rant is nothing more than has been vocalised by many of the AVF players that I play with most nights, at one time or another, I just posted it here.

Of late we have seen some very wierd stuff going on, like the Entire area of Nelsons bay between the RUS spawn and the first set of MComms TOTALLY deforrested and I mean not one single tree after 2 minutes of the game, one hit tank kills (tank on tank) on 100% tanks and players respawning instantly after they have been killed (like medic rez but with no medic present). Some of this may be down to bugs and glitches but it seems wierd that it is often some level 50 player with some insane score that always seems to benefit from thees irregularities.

Circle strafing I hate, but it is possible to defeat especially with the faster M2. 2 choppers spawn raping, well I just leave the game as that is almost impossible to deal with (why EA allowed spawn raping in the console version, but banned it on the PC is a strange decission IMHO).

Out of bounds sniping is hugely frustrating and map boundaries need to be reviewed by EA as we had one instance on the first MComms on Arica Harbour with 3 OOB snipers who could not be hit either by sniping or with mortar as we could not get close enough to the enemies spawn to target them for mortar strikes and they were continual headshotting at over 600m.

Non of what I have listed here is just my own experience but can all be validated by other AVF players. It seems that our game has become the focus of the gaming scum, to either hack, cheat or make miserable for others.

I hope that this explains my original rant a little better (I am in a better mood now)

Finally we should always follow Weadons 1st law of gaming - 'Don't be a d1ck !!'

Mushii

The Angry Jock

Standard Member
Of late we have seen some very wierd stuff going on, like the Entire area of Nelsons bay between the RUS spawn and the first set of MComms TOTALLY deforrested and I mean not one single tree after 2 minutes of the game.

This isn't a glitch or exploit, this is someone C4ing the trees as the opposition attempts to take the first 2 crates. It's cheap and very annoying but it's a legitimate tactic. in 700 hours I've never seen it myself in that area but I've seen it in the second stretch a couple of times.

Personally, I think Nelson Bay is by far the worst map in the game, it's terrible.

D

Deleted member 24354

I dont actually see how they could c4 over a couple of hundred trees in under 2 minutes. One minute they were there next minute totally gone and I mean the entire landscape to the next set of MComms. Even if their entire team were doing it, which they could not have as we were in a pretty heavy fire fight, they still would not have had enough time. I am not just talking the major trees, I mean every single sappling tree and bush was gone, both sides of the river from the hills to the sea.

Mushii

The Angry Jock

Standard Member
There's a few dozen trees at most, and with 1 C4 you can take down 6 at a time with bushes as collateral damage. I've seen it done behind the bases. 1 or 2 guys with the right kit could do it in no time while the rest of the team get on with it.

EDIT:

You can also use the MG at the end of the road...but not in that timescale, you'd need C4 aswell.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom