Battlefield 4

It's Dice, it'll be in Beta for the first 12 Months and we know it, and we'll be both loving it and raging with every update:smoke:

Going to try and get back on BF4 for the odd night now, really enjoyed the brief revisit the other night, still nothing else quite like it.

I'll join you, we need to have a few laughs as we get hammered :)

It's Dice, it'll be in Beta for the first 12 Months and we know it, and we'll be both loving it and raging with every update:smoke:

It won't bother me for long, the positives far outway the negatives. Intelligent series that looks good, I will put up with the idocracies for the longevity and challenge.

Na just a one off i think , nobody was on , and got hammered constantly for about 15 mins
the game played like sh!te , i guess the foreigners are still invading our servers .
i'll keep an eye open to see if anyone's on , and may jump in for the laughs we used to have .

Just played battlefield for the first time in 18 months (got bored of lag etc then played battlefront). Wow, aside really noticing the frame rate drop (compared to Star Wars) I'd forgotten how great this game is!

Guys can anyone help me please, every server I go on I get the orange and red icons on the right side of the screen, yet I have 160mb broadband? It's really frustrating and is making the game unplayable. Thanks in advance.

Guys can anyone help me please, every server I go on I get the orange and red icons on the right side of the screen, yet I have 160mb broadband? It's really frustrating and is making the game unplayable. Thanks in advance.
Some suggestions:
  1. Make sure you filter on European servers only within Battlefield (in the server browser)
  2. Wire your PS4 into your router with an Ethernet cable; do not use wi-fi
  3. Run the PS4 "Internet Connection Test" (Settings -> Network) to make sure it is getting the 160 Mbps bandwidth you expect
  4. Consider manually assigning an IP address to the PS4, rather than having DHCP automatically assign one (I found the PS4's Internet connection would drop sometimes until I did this... that was two years ago though, so any problems might have been fixed in software updates since)
  5. There is some stuff on the web about specific routers needing particular configurations to work best with the PS4 (e.g. changing DMZ settings)... Google is your friend. :)
Good luck!

Last edited:
Some suggestions:
  1. Make sure you filter on European servers only within Battlefield (in the server browser)
  2. Wire your PS4 into your router with an Ethernet cable; do not use wi-fi
  3. Run the PS4 "Internet Connection Test" (Settings -> Network) to make sure it is getting the 160 Mbps bandwidth you expect
  4. Consider manually assigning an IP address to the PS4, rather than having DHCP automatically assign one (I found the PS4's Internet connection would drop sometimes until I did this... that was two years ago though, so any problems might have been fixed in software updates since)
  5. There is some stuff on the web about specific routers needing particular configurations to work best with the PS4 (e.g. changing DMZ settings)... Google is your friend. :)
Good luck!
Thanks mate, appreciate the advice. No good with dmz settings and all that jazz though. Might see if there's an idiots guide to do it!

Last edited:
Free BF4 "Dragon's Teeth" DLC for anyone who does not have premium (with more in coming weeks):
Road to Battlefield

If anyone is still needing team mates then it looks like @NewfieDrool and Shady have returned to it, so give them a call if you need an extra pair of boots on the ground.

Got this game last week for £4 :)

Any quick load out tips, I know the guns have changed/nerfed since release. So what is the best right now and which attachements are good. I think I would be mostly playing with AR's.

Got this game last week for £4 :)

Any quick load out tips, I know the guns have changed/nerfed since release. So what is the best right now and which attachements are good. I think I would be mostly playing with AR's.
Levelcap recently updated his weapon guides based on the latest patches. It was probably on his channel a month or so back.

@sykotik @NewfieDrool @Tetlee @ktmkid Looks like Battlefield 4 on consoles has a new feature.

27991079151_7e01556e32_c.jpg

This is still one of my best rounds in BF4, even if it was a year ago.
You've had a few good ones recently as well mate :thumbsup: You've not lost your touch in a jet and can't wait to see what you can do in a bi-plane. I know you don't like to use lock on weapons, so the new BF1 should suit you down to the ground.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom