Battlefield 4

Cha1ky

It hasn't actually been announced for next gen yet I don't think but I'll be very surprised if it isn't out on them.

Does look great though.

liamt

as i said in the other ps4 thread. i just wish they would separate BF into BF and BC. BC for more brainless style cod action, overpowered snipers and rockets etc, and keep BF as a squad orientated teamwork game with commander and proper squad leaders. not the abomination they had in the last 2 games.

BF needs to go back to its core.

tomo28

Battlefield Bad Company 3 is rumoured, and DICE have confirmed they're still fond of the bad company franchise, I think there will be another at some point.

regarding BF4 I read that it wasn't confirmed for next gen consoles purely down to the reason that the next xbox hasn't been confirmed yet.

Cannot wait for this though, still loving BF3 too!

liamt

Battlefield Bad Company 3 is rumoured, and DICE have confirmed they're still fond of the bad company franchise, I think there will be another at some point.

regarding BF4 I read that it wasn't confirmed for next gen consoles purely down to the reason that the next xbox hasn't been confirmed yet.

Cannot wait for this though, still loving BF3 too!
probably more so since medal of honour died on its arse.

keep BC as a direct competitor to COD and then let BF be that bigger, grander, more intelligent game. i feel sad that most of the BF players have never had a proper game of BF with 6 man squads, squad tools and a commander to stop 32 people running around like headless chickens.

Cha1ky

probably more so since medal of honour died on its arse.

keep BC as a direct competitor to COD and then let BF be that bigger, grander, more intelligent game. i feel sad that most of the BF players have never had a proper game of BF with 6 man squads, squad tools and a commander to stop 32 people running around like headless chickens.
Commander will just get ignored nowadays anyway mate. Teamwork with randoms is just infuriating. Remember leading an attack in MAG and about 4 people actually went and did objectives i marked on the tactical map. Only useful with friends really.

Problem is now that they have pulled some of the COD crowd already into the BF franchise, so they wont want to lose them.

Look forward to hearing more about the game though, esp other improvements.

liamt

i used to play BF2142 a hell of a lot for some time (best online game i have played IMO)

on that it would only take me 1 round to get a decent squad:

• join server and start squad (name it if needed. like Titan Attack - for when playing old titan mode)
  • just look for other decent players
  • invite them to squad (man, this is needed in BF)
  • see if they listen to me and if not, kick them from squad (again, needed)
  • rinse and repeat and in no time you have a 6 man formidable squad. we would almost always win best squad - even against clans playing together.

wasnt hard, it just seems that players these days dont care about anything other than their stats. stats are killing games. win/loss is all you need really.

people dont go for objectives... too busy padding their stats.

so what if someone is 0/5.... if they just blew up a big objective thats fine. more useful than sitting in a tower shooting people in the spawn point.

i would also implement sniper skills back. BF2142 hardly had any snipers as it required much more skill. engineers could only hit vehicles with rockets/mines. they had an SMG for personnel and it balanced well as they didnt have a 1 hit kill weapon in their hands.

medics were useful as you didnt have regen health, so you needed to stay near medics and it made squads stick together.

i do fear those days are long gone... shame... i had many fun hours

Cha1ky

wasnt hard, it just seems that players these days dont care about anything other than their stats. stats are killing games. win/loss is all you need really.

people dont go for objectives... too busy padding their stats.
Thats the main problem nowadays, e-peen.

liamt

i agree that its nice to work towards goals in games but these days its just like crack for gamers. too focussed on k/d - w/l is far more important. games like UT didnt have this problem as you could have all weapons etc from the start. so all you did was kill people and have fun.

tomo28

I'd love to play another single player of the BC franchise. The Russians invaded at the end of 2 didn't they? The characters were pretty funny.

II still have some excellent games in BF, there's quite a few who still play it in BFaM, always mic'd up and communicating well.

There will be 64 players on the PS4 though, that's been confirmed I think or its a solid rumour.

II wouldn't mind my little jet back that I had on battlefield 1942 secrets of ww2 expansion :D

tomo28

Sorry if this is well known, but here's a quote from the official PS mag;

Untangle Troedsson's finely honed PR-speak and there's only one logical conclusion; Battlefield 4 will be on PS4 – or we'll eat our replica AKS-74U. (Especially considering EA's chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen didn't get the ‘don't confirm PS4′ memo and, um confirmed Battlefield 4 for PS4 saying “We're very excited about Sony's platform. The technical power on the platform is going to allow us to do things we've never done before. I've seen the new Battlefield and it is stunning”.

D

Deleted member 92943

Certainly Looks really impressive but i dont really want my PS4 launch games overwhelmed by Shooters and Killzone will get Priority over this.

liamt

nobody is forcing people to play FPS. plenty of other styles of games. not sure i will bother with BF4. im getting more used to FPS on console pads after playing a fair bit of ME3. still prefer mouse for aiming though.

liamt

easily bf2142 for PC.

the newer ones look better but arent as much fun. the whole point of battlefield is to play in squads but these days people dont seem to like teamwork :(

Det

Distinguished Member
easily bf2142 for PC.

the newer ones look better but arent as much fun. the whole point of battlefield is to play in squads but these days people dont seem to like teamwork :(
You're playing with the wrong people!

Put some sCud folk on your friends list... they'll be playing it.

Sorted_Sharky is one who you'll see on BF4 a lot... he still plays BF3 a lot.
B0yzee2k is another who will play quite a bit.

Quite a few others... but they always go for the objective. Play with the right people and any game is fun!

liamt

i still miss being a squad leader with 6 man squads. just the right number of people IMO. plus in BF2142 squads had to spawn on SL or squad beacon. no lone wolfing so you were always together. keep the SL alive at all costs too :)

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
I loved the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 on the PC all them years ago...

HRL

I just hope that the PS4 version matches the level of detail in that 17 min trailer at the top.

Surely that's doable on the PS4?

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
I just hope that the PS4 version matches the level of detail in that 17 min trailer at the top.

Surely that's doable on the PS4?
I very much doubt it when you see the PC rig it is playing on.

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
Any idea what the PC specs are, as I can make an educated guess from it's hardware?
I did see the whole spec somewhere but can't for the life of me find it again.
I do remember that the GPU was a as yet unreleased AMD 7990 'mata' which will retail at £1000 plus.