Battlefield 4 rent a server

Werewolfs

Just considering getting BF4. Not really lovin Watchdogs. But dont understand the rent a server. Can you stillplay multiplayer without renting. If so whats the point in renting.

kalgar

Yes u still can rented just means u say what maps types and can say what rules apply ie no spawn camping

KirkSi

Distinguished Member
Just considering getting BF4. Not really lovin Watchdogs. But dont understand the rent a server. Can you stillplay multiplayer without renting. If so whats the point in renting.
For just normal multiplayer you need to go to multiplayer and then either choose 'quick match' which I wouldn't advise as it can dump you into a server in any region. The better option is to choose 'server browser' there you can choose to enter any server (that has room in). These servers are now split, there'll be some that are listed as official DICE servers and then there are servers that people have rented (we will have an AVF server at some point when they release more servers). In server browser you can click down on one of the sticks (forget which one) and set some limits to the search. It's well worth limiting it to EU servers only and also maybe choosing the game mode you prefer (conquest large for me).

Werewolfs

For just normal multiplayer you need to go to multiplayer and then either choose 'quick match' which I wouldn't advise as it can dump you into a server in any region. The better option is to choose 'server browser' there you can choose to enter any server (that has room in). These servers are now split, there'll be some that are listed as official DICE servers and then there are servers that people have rented (we will have an AVF server at some point when they release more servers). In server browser you can click down on one of the sticks (forget which one) and set some limits to the search. It's well worth limiting it to EU servers only and also maybe choosing the game mode you prefer (conquest large for me).
Nice one all rhanx so much. Gonna fetch it.

Kravenius

Distinguished Member
Nice one all rhanx so much. Gonna fetch it.

if you get a feel for it all, don't forget to join the AVF platoon. There's quite a few of us who play together regularly (all friendly and good natured) and it makes all the difference in BF playing as a team. In fact I would say it feels like 2 different games if you go from playing on your own to playing with a group.

KirkSi

Distinguished Member
if you get a feel for it all, don't forget to join the AVF platoon. There's quite a few of us who play together regularly (all friendly and good natured) and it makes all the difference in BF playing as a team. In fact I would say it feels like 2 different games if you go from playing on your own to playing with a group.
Can't agree with this enough, Battlefield with the AVF lads is a good laugh, Battlefield with randoms can be a really frustrating experience.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom