Battlefield 4 dedicated server

Well I can say Dave that I most certainly do appreciate your efforts and would be willing to put double in for another month if you wish?

It's fine slapping your forehead but what is the point in having a server when most choose to play on others. The nail was hit on the head when stated that the majority will simply join a full server if MoH is empty, this is true. If ever I see a small amount of players on the MoH server it is pretty much always the same names and like I said earlier, most of the names on the reserved server list I created, I've never seen on the server, let alone help fill it. Add to that some silly remarks made here and well, it adds up to be more hassle than it is worth.

I think ultimately the biggest problem with BF4 in general is that a hell of a lot of players have simply become disillusioned with DICE / EA for releasing a game that is anything but ready for release. The amount of bug / glitches and crashes will have alienated many players to the point they have not bothered, and wont until they hear it's sorted.

Yes it's been acceptable to a degree and we've all wracked up some hours, but there's nothing more annoying than getting crashed mid game and losing any progress made in that instance.

Add to that the countless people who may not have pre ordered instead intending buying after launch, who will have seen no end of bad feedback and will be keeping their money for the timebeing. As a result, the general community will be a lot weaker than it could've been.

Trying to jump on now and then during the day, but technically I am supposed to be working :)

It's fine slapping your forehead but what is the point in having a server when most choose to play on others. The nail was hit on the head when stated that the majority will simply join a full server if MoH is empty, this is true. If ever I see a small amount of players on the MoH server it is pretty much always the same names and like I said earlier, most of the names on the reserved server list I created, I've never seen on the server, let alone help fill it. Add to that some silly remarks made here and well, it adds up to be more hassle than it is worth.
Dean if that was a dig at me not joining the server mate then please understand I dont/didnt have a pc capable of playing BF4 and have been offshore for the last 3 weeks. As for silly comments, you need to have thicker skin than that. Dont let sh*t like that bother you, thats why I said earlier have a few admins paying more upfront so they alone can admin and have no recourse here :)

Comon lads stick together for the common good :thumbsup: I hope to fudge this helicopter comes tomorrow as Im going to squat on the server and not allow you to close it down...lol

I was on earlier and a few joined but it just died again

I'm sorry for not trying harder :(

I think we should wind up this chat before anyone get upset. The Admins have done a great job the comunity and DICE havent

Dean if that was a dig at me not joining the server mate then please understand I dont/didnt have a pc capable of playing BF4 and have been offshore for the last 3 weeks. As for silly comments, you need to have thicker skin than that. Dont let sh*t like that bother you, thats why I said earlier have a few admins paying more upfront so they alone can admin and have no recourse here :)

Comon lads stick together for the common good :thumbsup:

No, it wasn't a dig at anyone specifically, it's just a fact that the same names and players are the ones trying to fill it, if it came across as my singling you out then that certainly wasn't my intention.

Nothing posted on the forum bothers me as it is simply not important, however that doesn't mean I can't highlight silly comments when they are posted, especially given the effort that some people have gone to in an attempt to make this work for others.

With regards to fewer admins paying more, well, that puts forward another issue, that being that those looking after the server are paying for it for others to use. I don't mind chipping in, but knowing how this has gone in the past and the lack of effort from most when the server is empty, the logical answer is to simply close the server. People will still group up on TS and play on alternative servers.

I was on earlier and a few joined but it just died again

Not to worry, it seems everyone must have got booted but they have rejoined and it is full again, currently playing Rogue Transmission.

Well I can say Dave that I most certainly do appreciate your efforts and would be willing to put double in for another month if you wish?

Agree! Setting up a server and trying to keep it running (especially with all the bugs) is no easy task.

Not long since I last posted and we now have 50 people on the server playing. Like the others have already said, the server is empty because it was empty, kick start it and it fills fast enough.

Now in the space of my typing, it's near full.

EDIT: Now it is full.

Well done that man! Getting it started early in the day is they key to keeping it full later on.

I'm sorry for not trying harder :(

I think we should wind up this chat before anyone get upset. The Admins have done a great job the comunity and DICE havent

I don't think anyone is getting upset. The last few pages have at least brought it to people's attention that we need to use it or lose it.

One thing I would say, one of us admins is always present on line, so if anyone is scared to come on TS with us moaners, just send a message in Origin and we can make space for you on the server if it happens to be full. :)

too many cooks spoil the broth, now the commander is on and blurfleld 4 is the dish of the day. If admins are changing settings I wish it is reflected in the thread and server name.

too many cooks spoil the broth, now the commander is on and blurfleld 4 is the dish of the day. If admins are changing settings I wish it is reflected in the thread and server name.

Commander is back on? :(

I haven't been on much over the last couple of weeks tbh, but the other night I jumped on and it was just me and Dean. I spent most of my time trying to fly a chopper, but within 10 minutes a few AVFers had joined and within an hour the server was full again.

The biggest issue for me is getting the time to play! (I also like playing more than just conquest which does mean picking other servers sometimes).

Commander is back on? :(
yes yorkshire dazz and I were just playing on MOH and it was on.

Edit - If having commander on means the server is full then I think we should just learn to cope with the blurr until DICE fixes it.

Its prob on because it crashed out not to long ago

It should be disabled again now, Dave has disabled it for you. It probably just reset when the server crashed.

The server crashed and it was back on.

Cant say i noticed any blur this time either when it was on.

Again just for the record no settings are being changed, it's simply down to crashes.

Just a note I haven't noticed any blur last few nights. Maybe they have fixed it

Well I have never seen it where an admin has reloaded the same map over and over. I am not on 24/7 but try to get on when I can and the only issue I know of maps being repeated was down to a bug. If there is a different issue then it's something I am not aware of.

Let me make something crystal clear though just in case you still think that the reason down to the server being empty is due to poor admining or any of the reasons you mentioned on the other page, I have played on servers where all of the issues you mention are present, on top of which people have been abusive, racist and run hacks yet the server is busy, always. Why? For the reasons stated. Once a server starts to fill up, people jump in and it takes a community initially to get that going, after that, it stays full (up until servers crash which are out of our hands). If you continue to feel that the server has been poorly run, so be it.

I agree with Dave that it is for the best that the server not be renewed.
I am not saying its the admins at all, I just gave my reasons to why I thought it was mostly empty. Lots of little things, people seem to be focusing on the admin side of my comments. I have never said its badly run.

Have to disagree there - couple of nights when this was happening I was on TS with the guys and it was due to the 2nd map getting stuck and reloading - nobody wanted the same map over and over, and like Dean said they ended up having to move forward in the rotation manually.

If somebody else was deliberatly doing that then it should have been raised here at the time?
You can disagree all you want m8 .. IT WAS NOT THE 2ND MAP RESTART BUG ISSSUE.. It WAS a mod online who kept manually choosing the same map.. When other players (none AVF) asked why they kept playing the same map in a row that person told the players 'because I like it'. They did this at least 4 times in a row.

I dont pay anything for the server and just wanted to give my reasons why I thought the server had taken a nose dive. As I dont pay I will just keep my nose out from now on and let you do what you want.

I noticed the emp blur effect last night. It was so bad to distort my vision long enough that I kept getting killed......

I am not saying its the admins at all, I just gave my reasons to why I thought it was mostly empty. Lots of little things, people seem to be focusing on the admin side of my comments. I have never said its badly run.

You can disagree all you want m8 .. IT WAS NOT THE 2ND MAP RESTART BUG ISSSUE.. It WAS a mod online who kept manually choosing the same map.. When other players (none AVF) asked why they kept playing the same map in a row that person told the players 'because I like it'. They did this at least 4 times in a row.

I dont pay anything for the server and just wanted to give my reasons why I thought the server had taken a nose dive. As I dont pay I will just keep my nose out from now on and let you do what you want.

Then you should re-read what you wrote HERE before posting as that is the impression I was given, I mean, you've managed to contradict yourself above. You state that you wanted to give your reasons as to the server nose dive (which you did in the linked post), then highlight how a mod (which is an admin) kept on picking the same map, yet state it's not the admins at all.

Anyway, with regards as to how the server moves forward, I will just go with the flow, but unless people can be bothered to jump on and help fill it (which as you can see, works), it may be best to just call it a day as it would simply be a waste of time and money.

Last edited:
Then you should re-read what you wrote HERE before posting as that is the impression I was given, I mean, you've managed to contradict yourself above. You state that you wanted to give your reasons as to the server nose dive (which you did in the linked post), then highlight how a mod (which is an admin) kept on picking the same map, yet state it's not the admins at all.

Anyway, with regards as to how the server moves forward, I will just go with the flow, but unless people can be bothered to jump on and help fill it (which as you can see, works), it may be best to just call it a day as it would simply be a waste of time and money.
All I say about the mods/admin is that there was alot of talk about kicking people for just playing the game, then I mention the mod/admin who was re-playing the same map over and over.

I also mentioned the map changes and player count changes but you never brought that up. As I said before you lot pay for it so run it how you want. I was just throwing my hat in to why some people might be put off. The people paying seem to agree it doesnt matter how the server is run just as long as people go on it it will fill up.

Phew! Crisis averted and I totally 100% agree with what you said. How is the funding for next month? Does it need a topup?

Player count change was when the game was first released 64 Players caused the server to crash a fair bit

It was put to 48 and now it is stable we have put it back to 64

Map changes, i think the bug ones were taken out not to sure really on that

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom