• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Battlefield 4 Beta access with Medal of Honour: Warfighter Pre Order.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
In the US at least, presumably it'll be the same for the UK?

image-3047087297.png

PaulieW

Prominent Member
Will not get caught out with that con again after the way the early access for BF£ was handled! :thumbsdow

The last MOH had an excellent campaign but the MP was-in my opinion-total gash! Will wait and see reviews before contemplating buying

turk3y

Prominent Member
I think now days people think beta access means early exclusive demo of retail polished code, not an activity in debugging un finished code, I think the bf3 was running on 6 month old alpha game engine code to beta test the weapon unlocks and some other stuff, folks where unhappy with bugs and assumed they would be in the retail product, when it was confirmed most where already fixed they where irate it was not already and would not be implemented in the "beta".

I don't know if access for some was a perk or bonus for buying something which would imply some quality and benefits other than working as a beta tester for free.

I think they need to be more clear an upfront over what people are playing and why they are playing it etc...

Nozey

Distinguished Member
I never got early access last time so can`t remember the how the fiasco went. Was it a mixture of people not having the codes plus server issues?

Exactly that - It was nearly impossible to get into games. Worse part was that that they promised Beta access for MOH, meaning loads of people didn't trade in the pile of cack and registered the online pass which reduced resale value. Then they went back on the promise and changed the deal to, access to the beta a mere 2 days earlier than the general public. But they couldn't even get that right and alot of folks (like me) got the 2 day early access code 2 days AFTER the public were allowed on. Customer services were an absolute JOKE. They basically lied to people just to get them off the phone, by telling them to do things like - "Try playing MOH again and see if your code gets emailed." or We've checked and your codes should be sent soon" All complete rubbish to keep second hand copies of MOH off the shelves.

....and that's without mentioning the 'Beta' was actually a 3 month old alpha release riddled with known bugs that they weren't looking for feedback on. The ACTUAL beta started at release and is nearly complete - lol

Last edited:

KirkSi

Distinguished Member
I was hoping for a BC game as a launch title for the next gen. Mind, when the 360 was released it was as powerful as the PCs at the time, so if the next gen follows that maybe we'll get the same number of players as on PC for BF4.

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
I was hoping for a BC game as a launch title for the next gen. Mind, when the 360 was released it was as powerful as the PCs at the time, so if the next gen follows that maybe we'll get the same number of players as on PC for BF4.

The next gen consoles will still be a little way behind the top end PCs due to the lead time in producing the machine. The advantage is standardised hardware so that developers can get the most from it instead of just throwing more powerful GPUs at the software.

KirkSi

Distinguished Member
We should get the current level of players though, 32 on each side. From the proposed specs I've seen for the new XBox it should be able to do more than the top end PCs could at the time that BF3 was released. I'd be happy with 24 players each side and 60fps and like you, I'm not sure I'd buy BF4 if it's on current gen. Next gen only for me.

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
I don't think you can automatically scale up things like that with the new consoles. Just because they are more powerful, don't think that every game with be running at 1080p and 60fps. Console developers have proven time and time again that 30fps is adequate for most games. I would expect to see 1080p as a standard, but games will still sacrifice frame rates for more complex visuals and game worlds. The only way that won't happen is if MS/Sony specify the min frame rate in their game standards.

I

I Spiritus I

Can't see this happening on current gen tbh. Knowing ea/dice logic though they will have the beta on this gen and the game on next gen. Tbh I was hoping for more bad company.

AudioSlim

Established Member
We should get the current level of players though, 32 on each side. From the proposed specs I've seen for the new XBox it should be able to do more than the top end PCs could at the time that BF3 was released. I'd be happy with 24 players each side and 60fps and like you, I'm not sure I'd buy BF4 if it's on current gen. Next gen only for me.

Its not the xbox specs that limit on line to 24 players. Its MS's bandwidth limitation for xbox live as far as I'm aware.

Slim

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom