Battlefield 3 Moaning Thread *Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTayto

Novice Member
Seems like B2K has finally won over the naysayers. Or has it..?

Managed to work myself into a rage last night about laggy servers, only to find the party and game I'd joined had accidentally been playing on a US one. I thought we were supposed to have it easy in those circumstances?

Found Wake Island a bit of a meat grinder, but not is the same way as Metro. In certain parts of the island there seems to be very little cover.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Won me over slightly, but not overwhelmed. I enjoyed it tho better than playing the stock maps. Don't know if i'll bother with them again :laugh:

Lalonde

Had a fair few hours on the maps last night and I'm enjoying Wake Island and the overall destruction. Some of the other maps are going to take some time to get used to as they seem to be way too big for 12v12 and dominated by the high ground. Bet the snipers are loving it though. Also; Conquest Assault seems like the crappiest game type known to man, not liking that one bit.

Another gripe are some of the gun challenges that descended many games last night (all maps) into noob tube / RPG fests - great decision that Dice. Not to mention being forced to play Squad Deathmatch or should I say First Squad to the vehicle wins-match. 2 more wins and I'll never play that mode again in my life.

That was cathartic.

TsaraBomba

Banned
Lalonde said:
Another gripe are some of the gun challenges that descended many games last night (all maps) into noob tube / RPG fests - great decision that Dice. Not to mention being forced to play Squad Deathmatch or should I say First Squad to the vehicle wins-match. 2 more wins and I'll never play that mode again in my life.

That was cathartic.
I will second that. Played SQDM all night and whatever team got the LAV / AMTRACC dominated the round.

Every team I was paired with was terrible. Now in not the best FPS gamer in the world but my god :s my team was **** in every round

Played from 9pm - 12pm and only won one round of SQDM - another 4 to go and the L85A2 is mine. Not sure I want it to be honest.

Rorifett

Another gripe are some of the gun challenges that descended many games last night (all maps) into noob tube / RPG fests - great decision that Dice.
That's my feelings on the OTT destruction from BF. Didn't really enjoy playing the Karkand maps last night to be honest, it's the first time I've ever switched off BF but didn't know if I was just being a bit of a grump so will persevere.

bigj2552

Novice Member
first time playing new maps last night and - didnt like em much ATM....
think it was wake island one - if you dont get transport/lift yer fooked...looooong run into battle just to get shot when you get there :rolleyes: = BORING !

the other maps were ok...still having to learn em but, some maps seem way to big for the number of people playing ( 24 )

and i thought they nerfed those friggin lights on guns with this update ? :mad:
really pi**'s me off when your own teamates shine it in yer bloody face and you cant see sh** around you

all in all - a crap night with the new maps....lost some tags as well.......dam spiritus :D....
but TBH, i was trying out new weapons as well....which were also crap, and that didnt help either :facepalm:

always tonight ;)

KirkSi

Distinguished Member
It will be a mad rush for the new weapons and achievements at first but it will calm down after a bit.
I didn't really play for the achievments last night to be honest as I knew everyone else would be. Start out as assault, but every one and their gran seemed to be assault trying for the FAMAS, and that left us vulnerable to vehicle attacks so swapped to support with my C4.

I've got IRNV for a couple of my guns and I know they're supposed to have nerfed it by reducing the range, but it was still pretty effective, so they've not completely knackered it.

MrTayto

Novice Member
I thought that about the IRNV - tried it out to see if it had been hobbled and found little difference, to be honest.

It will be a mad rush for the new weapons and achievements at first but it will calm down after a bit.
The problem is it's such a shoite method of unlocking the new guns. Why not unlock them through setting so many MCOMS, blowing up X amount of MCOMs, defending and de-charging X amount of MCOMs? Same applicable to capping & defending flags.

I hear time and time again the sentiment that kills should be secondary to achieving the team's objectives but it doesn't seem like DICE got the memo :rolleyes:

Griffith400

Kinetic Frenzy said:
The problem is it's such a shoite method of unlocking the new guns. Why not unlock them through setting so many MCOMS, blowing up X amount of MCOMs, defending and de-charging X amount of MCOMs? Same applicable to capping & defending flags.

I hear time and time again the sentiment that kills should be secondary to achieving the team's objectives but it doesn't seem like DICE got the memo :rolleyes:
Totally agree Kinetic!

They've defo gone all Kill/stats biased and forgotten Battlefields 'objective based' past. As you say, the new Cheevos again focus on kills when they could instead have re-focused back to objective/teamwork :(

KirkSi

Distinguished Member
Not all of the new unlocks are kill related, FAMAS is all about heals and revives and the PP-19 is all about arming MCOMs and flag captures, but I agree, most of them are based around kills with annoying things like grenade launchers. Don't think I'd ever been killed by an underslung before last night, then every man and his dog had one equiped.

Jimster71

Distinguished Member
To be fair, they aren't that different from some of the Bad Company 2 achievements:

Mission... Accomplished.
Online: in a round do one kill with the knife, the M60 and the RPG-7

Pistol Man
Online: get 5 kills with every handgun in the game

Airkill
Online: roadkill an enemy with any helicopter

Et Tu, Brute?
Online: knife 5 friends

The Dentist
Online: do a headshot kill with the repair tool

Demolition Man
Online: get 20 demolish kills

Would you kindly ****?
Destroy a Hannoi Hannah propaganda speaker

Great Balls of Fire
Get 20 kills with the flamethrower

^^^ I guess but that was just cheevos not unlocking kit as well. With BF3 they's double whammied it, triple if you include the K/D on the end screen

DeAdSoUls

Spoooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

DanParker

Coming from MW3 after a week (Plus stupidly buying the hardened edition) and never playing Battlefield before I find it pretty perfect apart from one thing...

...Jets - for the life of me I can't stay in a jet for more than a minute. I'm always getting wasted by enemy jets. I appreciate I need to learn but with no dedicated facility to learn to use vehicles I'm finding it difficult!

TcT Sid

Coming from MW3 after a week (Plus stupidly buying the hardened edition) and never playing Battlefield before I find it pretty perfect apart from one thing...

...Jets - for the life of me I can't stay in a jet for more than a minute. I'm always getting wasted by enemy jets. I appreciate I need to learn but with no dedicated facility to learn to use vehicles I'm finding it difficult!
And unless you get a server without an experienced pilot on the other team unfortunately it wont get any better for you in jets. People who spent more time in jets/helicopters at the start will have better weapons and will take you out in seconds.
At least in choppers you have a chance to jump in with better pilots and get a share of their points, this will unlock better stuff for you too :smashin:

gilchrd

Novice Member
Bullets don't work anymore, famas's everywhere, campings ****s on rush happy to lose whilst camping your spawn, flashlight still an impenetrable forcefield, etc.

I can't believe how bad this game is compared to BC2, i was hoping B2K would save it but this will be binned soon i think.

DeAdSoUls

Teamplay is ****ing none existant on this game, and yet again i get a team of none English speaking players!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

TcT Sid

Teamplay is f**king none existant on this game, and yet again i get a team of none English speaking players!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:
Do you check the players in a server before joining? i check a few to see where they are from, any far away and i check another server.

yeah i want to moan about the flashlight actually being a forcefield - the number of times i've seen the enemy before he has turned to face me only for me to do no damage to him from the moment the flashlight is shined in my face is dog doo :thumbsdow

I also want to complain about the vaulting over obstacle's animation - it looks stupid, like what Kenny Everret used to do with the fake legs - i think it was either as Cupid Stunt or Verity Treacle - any some comedian from the 80s got dragged up as a woman and used to wildly cross their fake legs and DICE have copied it.

Damn you memory! I've now laboured my point... :rolleyes: :laugh:

MrTayto

Novice Member
yeah i want to moan about the flashlight actually being a forcefield - the number of times i've seen the enemy before he has turned to face me only for me to do no damage to him from the moment the flashlight is shined in my face is dog doo :thumbsdow

I also want to complain about the vaulting over obstacle's animation - it looks stupid, like what Kenny Everret used to do with the fake legs - i think it was either as Cupid Stunt or Verity Treacle - any some comedian from the 80s got dragged up as a woman and used to wildly cross their fake legs and DICE have copied it.

Damn you memory! I've now laboured my point... :rolleyes: :laugh:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I remember that; 'All in the best possible taste!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus