Battlefield 2042 Review & Comments

do not by this on pc is buggy as hell with issues from the alpha/beta tests have not been solved/fixed i was daft enough to buy and during early access i was stuck on the intro mission having to play it over and over again which ended up taking my play time to over 2 hours thus not being able to get a refund off steam. only mode that was enjoyable was the BC2 mode dice should have delayed the release and fixed ALOT of the bugs first

Awful on PC agreed.

Quicker refund from me than "Predator hunting grounds". Dreadful launch

No single player campaign is a huge omission. I have no interest in multiplayer.
I’ve enjoyed the previous games in the series, but this is the end of the line for me.

Pmsl 7/10? It's a complete car crash of a game loaded with bugs on all platforms! I'm giving it until January for fixes to be implemented then I might bite.

Pmsl 7/10? It's a complete car crash of a game loaded with bugs on all platforms! I'm giving it until January for fixes to be implemented then I might bite.
No harm in waiting- will probably be half the price too.

I tried the beta and I never noticed many bugs. However the gameplay itself was dire. Boring as hell, the action was sporadic and unsatisfying. The sound was poor and made it difficult to pinpoint direction. Weapons had no feel to them.
Just piss poor in all honesty. Wouldn't touch it.
On the other hand I had a go on halo infinite the other day and that was a good laugh plus it has large scale battles too.

Getting huge FPS drops on series x on some of the maps which is maklng this unplayable for me. Turns into a slideshow when there’s lots happening onscreen.

I tried the beta and I never noticed many bugs. However the gameplay itself was dire. Boring as hell, the action was sporadic and unsatisfying. The sound was poor and made it difficult to pinpoint direction. Weapons had no feel to them.
Just piss poor in all honesty. Wouldn't touch it.
On the other hand I had a go on halo infinite the other day and that was a good laugh plus it has large scale battles too.
Agreed, I left Battlefield behind with the WWI iteration and Halo Infinite is a lot of fun. Once they sort the XP issues out during the beta it will be even better.

yep i am enjoying halo infinite as well and so much fun.

Put your efforts into something decent like hell let loose.

Last edited:
It’s a mess but as I’ve paid for it I feel obligated to play it.

I can go whole rounds where it runs mostly ok. Then next game I’m driving a tank across open ground and it flips in the air, or falls through the floor.

I actually got trapped below the map and had to respawn.

Not sure how much longer I’ll give it to be honest - should have followed my gut after the beta but have always loved BF so I’m a £69 down mug.

Very disappointing. I've been a die-hard CoD MP fan for years, but I was planning for this to be my first venture into BF. Maybe they'll sort it out at some point. Probably by that point though I'll be too engrossed in Halo Infinite to bother with this.

Getting a bit sick of playing 50 - 70 quid for unfinished beta games now.

Then don't pay!

The Beta was rubbish, the tech test was rubbish and you can do a 10 hour trial for a small cost. And then save yourself loads of money like me and lots of other people in this forum.

^ all of this

I don't generally buy FPS anyway but less than 2 hours of the trial was enough for me.

Honestly don't read this AVF review. How they can give it a 7/10 is beyond me!

Watch this, this is an honest review from a guy that has been playing BF for years.

Then stop doing it.

Then don't pay!

The Beta was rubbish, the tech test was rubbish and you can do a 10 hour trial for a small cost. And then save yourself loads of money like me and lots of other people in this forum.

I'm not anymore. All I play is BF and CoD. Particularly CoD (which I've been playing since CoD 3).

I stepped away for a while when Cold War came out. But I revisited WWII at the end of its life-cycle and it was excellent. The most fun I've had since Black Ops 2. It lured me back in and I fell for the Battlefield and Vanguard hype - despite the betas.

Now I just feel so dirty.

I’m still playing it, yeah it has issues and some of the big complaints like hovercrafts and weapon damage will all get fixed/improved.
After that hopefully they can tweak things and improve UI and general gameplay.

I’m enjoying it. Some issues but what game doesn’t. Some people take life too seriously, invest time learn mechanics learn that some of its shit like every other game and then adapt. It’s simple.
I love the bashing of ea games it’s funny as.
Funny how much bashing they get yet they can still churn out games turn a profit and buy other companies.
FIFAs got 2/10 on meta critic yet they still have a huge fan base and a shit load of profit.

Last of us two got panned for a lesbian kiss!! Maybe the issue isn’t the publishers but the general shit public that troll the net

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom