Battlefield 2042 (22nd October 2021)

Have seen multiple dates thrown around - 22nd Sept being the latest.

If it doesn't land by then then either we have a game delay on our hands or the more normal broken Dice game launch imo :p
I think even if it lands by then you're getting that anyway!

Rumour going round that this game is being delayed into 2022. Maybe if they wait long enough the title will make it current rather than 'future'?

Rumour going round that this game is being delayed into 2022. Maybe if they wait long enough the title will make it current rather than 'future'?

Noooooooooo, i'll have to buy bloody Vanguard if it is.

Noooooooooo, i'll have to buy bloody Vanguard if it is.
Halo for me - and its free - and I've played it and can already say its going to be the best MP shooter out this year by a mile!

Trust me you want it delayed.
Yeah I wouldn't base it entirely off a technical test because those are meant to be rough. But we are 4 weeks from the game releasing and haven't seen any actual gameplay. So to me that says its probably best to delay it a bit. BF needs to be good and releasing a game like this before its ready just kills it.

Halo for me - and its free - and I've played it and can already say its going to be the best MP shooter out this year by a mile!
lmao-crying-laughing.gif

I've played 2 of the big three shooters coming out. Not played COD but its not exactly getting rave reviews and whatever it is its just another COD.

So I think I'm on fairly safe ground with that statement.

I dont want to derail the thread but I have never got on with Halo MP, too many bunny hopping MC's!

I've played 2 of the big three shooters coming out. Not played COD but its not exactly getting rave reviews and whatever it is its just another COD.

So I think I'm on fairly safe ground with that statement.
TBH I've never played Halo fully, just a quick go here and there but as this is free I'll have a look at it. In general it doesn't really look all that to me but will give it a try at least.

If the beta is the 22nd, you'd have thought we would have heard by now... Perhaps we will hear something today I guess, usually they give at least a weeks notice surely?

A delay does look inevitable now.

Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah I wouldn't base it entirely off a technical test because those are meant to be rough. But we are 4 weeks from the game releasing and haven't seen any actual gameplay. So to me that says its probably best to delay it a bit. BF needs to be good and releasing a game like this before its ready just kills it.

This one needs to be 'ready' when its launched - I really don;t want it delayed, but another poor launch makes me fear for the franchise so in the long run it would be the best option personally.

I can make do with Vanguard and will definitely try Halo (and still have FH5 to look forward to!).

I was expecting to hear news of the beta this Thursday but if it is getting delayed they need to get the news out asap.

I hope this is more false "insider" news, the amount of false leaks recently in gaming and hardware announcements is ridiculous.
It isn't good we haven't heard anything, but we haven't had much out of them throughout the year. I'm hoping its some bizarre marketing strategy to keep people talking, I'm not investing this year in Cod, so will be very disappointed if this is delayed until '22. Staying positive, hopefully beta on the 22nd and game before year end.

I hope this is more false "insider" news, the amount of false leaks recently in gaming and hardware announcements is ridiculous.
It isn't good we haven't heard anything, but we haven't had much out of them throughout the year. I'm hoping its some bizarre marketing strategy to keep people talking, I'm not investing this year in Cod, so will be very disappointed if this is delayed until '22. Staying positive, hopefully beta on the 22nd and game before year end.
I hope it’s all fake and won’t believe news until it’s from Dice. Hopefully we’ll be getting an info drop with trailer soon and all is well with the game

I hope it’s all fake and won’t believe news until it’s from Dice. Hopefully we’ll be getting an info drop with trailer soon and all is well with the game
The game releases a month from today (for premium versions). A month. And we've not seen any footage of gameplay beyond the tiny snippets in the trailer and the tiny twitter snippets. Covid means that not seeing stuff till later is common. But a month away from release and they've practically told and showed us nothing? I'm struggling to think that whatever happens 'all is well'.

The game releases a month from today (for premium versions). A month. And we've not seen any footage of gameplay beyond the tiny snippets in the trailer and the tiny twitter snippets. Covid means that not seeing stuff till later is common. But a month away from release and they've practically told and showed us nothing? I'm struggling to think that whatever happens 'all is well'.
I know and agree but trying to be optimistic. If it’s delayed it’s because the game needs it so just tell us so we know.
Plenty of other games to play so I’d love to be playing in a month but it’s not the end of the world if not

They shouldn't have said they were ahead of their schedule, then got another team in.
That sounded to me like they needed help to hit a deadline.

They shouldn't have said they were ahead of their schedule, then got another team in.
That sounded to me like they needed help to hit a deadline.
Let's get Hell Let Loose in the meantime

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom