Battlefield 2

steveb06

Novice Member
Does anyone play Battlefield 2 on this forum?
I’ve just got back into PC gaming. After downloading the demo for this and really enjoying it I bought the full game.
When I select the multiplayer option I can see various America and European hosted games but it would be nice to play with/against other Brits.

booyaka

is the pope cathlic??

Most people will at some time have played or still do play BF2.

Servers to look for mulitplay, 50klicks, gloryhoundz etc - these are mainly uk/euro servers.

Billy Hunt

Novice Member
EA UK In the filter normally brings up a good list.

Haven't played for a while though I'm back into Desert Combat a mod for the original BF1942 really enjoying it again, this is what BF2 tried to be.
So much so infact I believe they employed the whole mod dev team to make BF2

Dfour

To right we do. I play for a mainly US based caln but am on our server most days from 2pm onwards.

SERVER 1
18 PLAYER RANKED 24/7 JALALABAD INFANTRY ONLY
IP: 66.235.185.6 PORT: 16567

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
If my main PC hadn't kicked the bucket I would be playing it now.

Slight addiction to BF2 you could call it.

Me and Booyaka mostly play the excellent Project Reality Mod, which can be found at www.realitymod.com

Its a modification for Battlefield 2, but it is so much better than normal BF2. New weapons, vehicles, loads of new maps and loads of improvements over standard BF2.

Try it out, if you don't like it then fine, but it is definitely worth a try. I have heard quite a few people buy BF2 just to play this mod!

Greg

AML

Ive pretty much switched to BF2142 for good. Not only is it more "fun" to play but it seems better thought out than BF2. Perhaps better balanced.

I also preffer how you can get more unlocks much faster as ranks go up more frequently.

In BF2 you have to spend months just to get one unlock and thats a bit off puting.

At the end of the day its things like ranks and unlocks that keep people coming back as it continualy adds to the gameplay, so its understandable if people move to BF 2142.

BF2 still has life in it, but I think eventually you get sort of tired.

I would like to see a newer BF with a new engine and not just an expansion-like game like BF2142 though!(which runs on the same engine as BF2)

Batch

Novice Member
Just got back into it now that the new Project Reality update is out. Greg, what's your in-game BF2 name and i'll see if i can find you sometimes. My in-game name is simply 'Batch'

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Just got back into it now that the new Project Reality update is out. Greg, what's your in-game BF2 name and i'll see if i can find you sometimes. My in-game name is simply 'Batch'
My BF2 name is GBH4. My Xfire name, if you have that, is Greg1978.

Dfour

I iwll have to check out the reality mod. I play Points of existance 2. Also a great improvennt over vanilla bf2 with the Ukrane against Germany with new weapons and kit including player controled arty.:smashin:

booyaka

me and greg are normally on our server playing the mod - my xfire name is booyaka1976 if you fancy a rumble some time.
see greg's sig for details of the server

fuzzybee

Banned
couldn't get into BF2 but i love BF2142 a much better game imo and Titan mode is amazing (currently £17.99 on play)

my tage is Eagle-Eyes, i'm usually in a gunship :smashin:

my clan has it's own 48 slot server under the clan tag *{EES}*

Billy Hunt

Novice Member
If my main PC hadn't kicked the bucket I would be playing it now.

Slight addiction to BF2 you could call it.

Me and Booyaka mostly play the excellent Project Reality Mod, which can be found at www.realitymod.com

Its a modification for Battlefield 2, but it is so much better than normal BF2. New weapons, vehicles, loads of new maps and loads of improvements over standard BF2.

Try it out, if you don't like it then fine, but it is definitely worth a try. I have heard quite a few people buy BF2 just to play this mod!

Greg
I've just downloaded this mod and it's looking very promising :smashin:
Just trying to work my way through all the changes compared to vanilla BF2

It's just knowing what servers can put up with Noobs now :rolleyes:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I've just downloaded this mod and it's looking very promising :smashin:
Just trying to work my way through all the changes compared to vanilla BF2

It's just knowing what servers can put up with Noobs now :rolleyes:
You are always welcome on the iGi clans server. We run the most popular BF2 Project Reality server out there. See my sig for address.

I should have posted a thread on this. Thanks for quoting me about the realitymod.

There has been an excellent new version of the Project Reality Mod out for a couple of weeks now. Some huge changes to the game and it plays fantastic now. Go to www.realitymod.com to download or to see the superb changes made. Such as rally points for spawning at different places, new weapon dynamics, new vehicles, new weapons, new maps. People have been buying BF2 just to play this mod, so anyone even remotely interested please try it and see what you think.

Billy Hunt

Novice Member
You are always welcome on the iGi clans server. We run the most popular BF2 Project Reality server out there. See my sig for address.
Thanks thats good to know I like playing on clan servers as it keeps the idiots away.
I'll try and get on there later if it's not full
I've convinced a few mates to give it a try too

I'm playing under Captain-=C4VEMAN=- at the moment

jamie110

Novice Member
hey all, well i just bought a new PC 1100 quid, built it myself (first time) pretty much to just play Battlefield 2 (and 2142)

This project reality mod....... how do i get that? can i swap between versions? (can i get it on Vista DONT get me started on vista driver/compatibility issues...)

Sorry for the noob questions (i am experienced in BF2!) just a bit of assistance from you helpfull people!

(and if anyone is in the Surrey area, and would not mind having a look at my PC to make sure my settings are correct (i think my fan set up is wrong? and i am getting 60 degrees under no load....) it would be appreciated!

Financial or beer related payment of course!

booyaka

jamie - check www.realitymod.com for more details.

BF2, reality mod and BF2142 etc can all run side by side with no problems.

sorry - based in Glasgow so a bit of a drive to sort out the heating issues. Does seem very very high. MAke sure that your fans are pulling air into the case at the front and out at the rear.

Make sure the heatsink is seated correctly on the cpu and that you have a applied a little (grain of rice size) amount of Artic silver 5 thermal paste.

jamie110

Novice Member
cant believe you are not willing to drive ;-)

ok well i followed the CPU destructions, and so did not apply any thermal compound...........

Ill have a look through the link, and see what its all about.... cheers!

The fans are defo going in the right direction, just cant be arsed to pull the mobo out to see if the cooler is seated correctly (although ill have to get over this issue if i want to sort it out !

Cheers

Jamie

seafoodmix

Standard Member
i want to try the special forces weapons on bf2, can anyone log in for me on their version to unlock it. I dont want to buy SF as it doesnt seem worth £20 but i do wanna try that sniper rifle with the heavy sound.:)

Eltee

Yep - used to play BF2 and BF:Vietnam before that (hence my name).
Not done a lot of gaming recently and I am waiting for Forgotten Hope (WW2 Mod) to be released for BF2.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
i want to try the special forces weapons on bf2, can anyone log in for me on their version to unlock it. I dont want to buy SF as it doesnt seem worth £20 but i do wanna try that sniper rifle with the heavy sound.:)
The Project Reality mod I mentioned and linked to earlier has loads of new sounds. So forget the SF pack at £20, just try the Project Reality mod for free!

PD_BARBS

The Project Reality mod I mentioned and linked to earlier has loads of new sounds. So forget the SF pack at £20, just try the Project Reality mod for free!

I have played way to many hours on BF2, but am currently interested in the mods, how do they work with the servers, do you get the points for kills on your global total.

Do my current unlocks work on the mods, any info would be helpful

Synchronicity

Uninstalled BF2 and BF2:SF last week and Dice can shove any future releases up their :censored: .Ive finally had enough of their crap and although I enjoyed BF1942 and BF:V(to an extent) their antics and policies since releasing BF2 have alienated me enough to steer clear of any future games,including expansion packs like BF2142:rolleyes:

To be fair,I dont think it is just their policies which have had this effect,I just cant abide the gameplay in their games anymore either:suicide: Going by the previous replies to this thread my views are obviously not shared by others but each to their own.Im going to wait patiently for ET:QW and hope they deliver in every aspect where DICE failed:smashin:

z5461313

I would like to see BF1942 back with better graphics

Then everyone would play it again, drop BF2, and things would be better again

I miss the arcady style of BF1942 and don't like the modern feel BF2 has.

Stopped playing BF2 because I didn't see the point after a while

Eltee

I would like to see BF1942 back with better graphics
Then everyone would play it again, drop BF2, and things would be better again
I miss the arcady style of BF1942 and don't like the modern feel BF2 has.
Stopped playing BF2 because I didn't see the point after a while
Maybe when Forgotten Hope 2 gets released (finally) there will be a credible WW2 Battlefield Mod.
Haven't bothered with BF2142 I'm not a big fan of 'unrealistic' FPS's and I also got fed up with EA's policy...

booyaka

I have played way to many hours on BF2, but am currently interested in the mods, how do they work with the servers, do you get the points for kills on your global total.

Do my current unlocks work on the mods, any info would be helpful
Completely seperate scoring system to the vanilla BF2.

Project Reality has ABR (Alternative Battlefield Ranking).

No unlocks etc but progression up the ranks etc link BF2 but everyone has use of all the guns/weapons whether 10 mins played or 1000hours played.

Same idea with the servers as BF2, find one and play on it!