Battlefield 2 Server

I was in last night and had the same problem ( Friday is about the only evening I'm not at work at the moment : I'm at work now on a Saturday).

I ended up in another server for a couple of hours although I did pop back to our one to check every so often.

I keep my Gamespy Arcade on and refreshing, so if I ever see people in there, I'll join them. It just doesn't happen very often at the moment...

This is bad timing for me as I'm 2 weeks away from the Potter 4 deadline so its 12 hours plus each day including weekends at the moment. Hopefully after the 20th I'll get a bit more time in.

UrbanT said:
Is anyone up for a Sunday morning game, say 10am?
If all goes well tonight, I won't be in any fit state to play tomorrow am ;) I'm out on the lash tonight, so won't be able to get on til Sun afternoon at the earliest. Will try and get on for the 9pm sessions during the week though as often as poss though...

Had some great games last night, and nice to see some familiar names on the server. I even found MrTHX hiding behind a shed with a walkie talkie in his hand (were you planning to hit the enemy over the head with it? ;))

Starting the weekend with 300 odd points, and ended at 1am this morning with 1100. The stats hadn't updated enough to give me my unlock, but should be ready when I get home I hope. Planning to get the PKM unless someone talks me out of it :)

I managed to kill MrTHX the other night :) just a shame he was on my team....sorry m8 :(

Had some good games though, just a shame there was a team killer on the server (no, not me!) who had a big minus score, just walked up to people and knifed them in the back :mad:

Some guy playing as commander last night ( badly). Swearing his head off because he ordered an artillery strike and tk'd a bunch of his own side . (more his fault than theirs to be honest ...you don't order an arti on top of a large firefight)

Told him to knock it off and then they all voted to kick him out of the command chair anyway!

American fella by the sounds of it. At least I know my voip works.

Had a lot of stragglers not joining teams last night for some reason.

Had a blast during the pre-combat waiting phase : chased around the Fusche pass in a gokart by a gunship firing rockets past my ear! Very funny!

Hopfully it will be on a map I can play tonight.
I'd notice "Urban T" on the wrong team is this a moderator thing ;-> LOL

UrbanT said:
Had some great games last night, and nice to see some familiar names on the server. I even found MrTHX hiding behind a shed with a walkie talkie in his hand (were you planning to hit the enemy over the head with it? ;))

Starting the weekend with 300 odd points, and ended at 1am this morning with 1100. The stats hadn't updated enough to give me my unlock, but should be ready when I get home I hope. Planning to get the PKM unless someone talks me out of it :)

Great points haul that Urban :smashin:

LOL.............BTW Urban that was the detenator for a pile of C4 I had placed near the entrance gate. !!! (Have you played as Special Ops fella ??)

Truth be told I was playing as commander and was getting so many request for supplies that a quiet minute (waiting for an enemy tank to come by) behind a shed whilst I ordered up some ammo was needed. !!!

Cyclone : Agree about the team killer, pain in the A2se - I was on whilst he was causing mayhem..............only wish an admin had been on to kick him :mad:

Will try and make one at 9:00 tonight.

We need to squad up and use voice . No one seems to bother with it.

I'll be on at 9 as well, look forward to seeing you all :)

I had completely forgotten about the C4 detonator, how silly do I feel :rotfl: , and another reason why I love the game. I assumed the commanders had a walkie talkie to call up artillery etc. Having never been a commander, and not walking around with a star over my head (it looked very pretty on you by the way :D ), I had no idea :oops:

I think I'm so involved in the game, I don't tend to notice the bad commanders, or the TK's. Next job on the 'todo' list is planes. Heli's I'm getting OK at, but planes are still a 'mare.

Had some fun on last night, good to see a few of you guys on. I'm noticing there's not much teamwork going on though, and it can lead to some getting a bit miffed, and leaving early. To be honest some players are missing the whole tactical element of the game. I even tried using the in-game voice a couple of times...

I suggest the server message is changed to something that encourages teamplay, and also has a reference to this site, so people know where to look for us? If the server message said something like:

"Welcome to the Unofficial AVForums BF2 server: come visit us at www.avforums.com.

Teamplay is encouraged: Join a squad! Communicate! No deliberate teamkilling!

Please be aware you may be disconnected to make way for a member who pays to run this server."

Any measure that we can take to encourage more team play is a good thing IMHO, its a more satisfying experience then... What do you reckon?

Also, any news on the admin/reserved slots issue?

Can we also add to the message:

'Please don't vote the admin off because you think he's cheating!'

I had 4 votes to kick me last night, because people thought I was cheating. I had to point out I was admin, and that they were in danger of a permanent ban, not that I know how to do that :rotfl:

Couldn't understand how I was coming back so quickly to kill them after they killed me. Its called 'respawn by the heli pad!'. DOH!

Any plans or schemes to setup specifc well balanced squads invariably fall flat unless everyone who agree to their roles is playing. I think you just have to roll with it .

One of the games I was in over the weekend had 1 squad with 6 players in it and 1 squad with 1 player in it ....that was me. Totally defeats the point of squads.

The commander was sending me all over the map whilst the other squad camped out at one base whilst the squad leader flew a chopper about .... :rolleyes: Then of course the commander artied the base with the campers and got himself a nice TK score of about -20 ...and blamed everyone else :rolleyes:

Hopefully after a few weeks the lone wolves will drop out a bit.

Mr.D said:
Any plans or schemes to setup specifc well balanced squads invariably fall flat unless everyone who agree to their roles is playing. I think you just have to roll with it.
<snip>
Hopefully after a few weeks the lone wolves will drop out a bit.
True, I know what you mean. But it shouldn't stop us trying to encourage teamplay, so at least people know we are making an effort. It will get better with time for sure, and the more talking that goes on the better, whether it's text or voice. As we get to know the regular players it'll get better too.

If you're not in a squad you can't: - ask for supply drops/artillery strikes/UAV scans - spawn on your squad leader - receive orders from the Commander - use voice.

My biggest frustration at the moment is carrying a gunner in the attack helicopters, who doesn't know/understand he can turn the cockpit view off. You're hovering over a traget shouting shoot, and he's have a fag and reading the paper!

As for the team element, I think the problems sometime relate to the size of the map, and trying to get from A to B quickly enough.

Other than that, ace game :)

I should add I unlocked the PKM last night, and played with it for 10 minutes without killing anything other than grass! Need some practice I think :)

i was on last night played a map with you's id never been on :eek:

had to quit because i didnt like it. game is great but there is only 3 maps that interest me, Karkland,Mastur and Shaqri Peninsular. takes the emphasis away from all the amour which is better for me personally as i like infantry stuff better. truth be told i bought the game with the expansion pack Special op's in mind so im just waiting for that before i play this properly. was fun though going through a level getting butcher'd by UrbanT who seems to be glued to the hip to the american chopper :p

Kopite4Ever said:
was fun though going through a level getting butcher'd by UrbanT who seems to be glued to the hip to the american chopper :p

:D

I have been praticing hard to fly the chopper. What I have found is because the airfield/heli pad is mostly at the back of the map, hardly anyone spawns there sometimes, so the chopper is always up for grabs. Still need to learn some techniques though.

I did spend half an hour on the server before it got busy, trying to fly the planes. Blimey thats hard! I'm struggling with the throttle. The chopper keeps a constant power. but the plane is either going up, or down. I will get there with enough time. :smashin:

Still can't find people using the in game voice, and without it there's no chance of working in a team. Plus it's just much more fun when you have others to talk to while playing.

MunkeyBoy, you going to try Teamspeak with us ? You should have had a PM with the details.

If anybody else wants to try Teamspeak with us (it's only 2 or 3 of us that use it for BF2) then post here and I can PM you the details.

If you are in a squad and the others don't talk and the leader doesn't talk.... :confused:
If you are a squad leader and you talk but your squad mates don't talk and your commander doesn't talk... :confused:
If you are the commander and the leaders don't talk .... :confused:

You can spend quite a bit of time figuring out if your voip is working!

Next time I see you on, I'll try Teamspeak with you Cyclone, cheers for the details. And I'm going to be using the VOIP in-game more often now too, I think I've got my settings right at last.

And Urban - do you use a joystick with a throttle control? Very necessary if you want to master planes...

I would really recommend Teamspeak for playing BF2. Your server should have come with its own Ts channel I think, so the more of you who have it setup the better. When you have not only the whole squad plus the commander on the same TS channel you pretty much own the map.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom