Battlefield 2 Mods

scatterbug

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Are there any mods (apart from Project Reality) for B2 that still have populated servers? I'm having real problems finding anything with a low ping for the vanilla version.

Cheers.

I always find loads of servers well populated with low pings for the vanilla version. Some USA, German or UK. I just scroll down the main server list when it comes up and pick a map I fancy.

I always find loads of servers well populated with low pings for the vanilla version. Some USA, German or UK. I just scroll down the main server list when it comes up and pick a map I fancy.

Are these ranked?

i get a ping of around 125-140 on about 25 normal servers

Eve of Destruction was released for BF2 about a week ago-they did a mod for BFV as well ages ago and it is a simliar sort of thing.All new maps and weapons and set in Vietnam obviously.

I enjoyed their last effort so reinstalled BF2 for a crack at this one but wasnt very impressed TBH,I think the fact that I have had a guts full of BF2 gameplay doesnt help though.Its a nice change but too many negatives for me,such as:

Some of the maps are just too dark-very nice,with lots of thick vegetation and atmospheric but you cant see a dam thing.
Some of the maps are VERY unbalanced and badly designed usually resulting in everyone being stuck at the same choke point for the whole round:rolleyes:
Sniper rifles are way too powerful and easy to use,and some of the maps are sniper heaven which usually means that 80% of players on the server will be snipers-shame they didnt introduce a server option to limit certain classes.

They may sort out a lot of the problems with patches though,so may be worth checking out if you are still a fan of BF2,or liked BF:Vietnam;)

i get a ping of around 125-140 on about 25 normal servers

Weird. I'm only getting about 7 showing up - 3 of which are 'Wake Island only'. Will have a fiddle with the filter options to see if more appear.

Are these ranked?

I not 100% sure. When I logon brings up Conquest games(?) and I just look for a highly populated one. I'm only really playing this game once a week as Oblivion is consuming my life and the moment...

Are these ranked?

I not 100% sure. When I logon brings up Conquest games(?) and I just look for a highly populated one. I'm only really playing this game once a week as Oblivion is consuming my life and the moment...

Why do you say 'apart from Project Reality'?

The clan I am in (iGi) runs two very populated servers. One of which is full nearly all the time.

Seems I didn't have the latest patch (was on 1.40 rather than 1.41). Only problem now is that the game is unstable! Oh well.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom