Battlefield 1 - £4.37 and free DLC until Sept 18th

Wow. The ques are slow moving tonight. I'm now on for a bit.
In AVF discord if anyone else fancies it. [emoji106]

Thank you dice for taking me back to the feel of 1942.

Must say i'm really enjoying it, treated myself to a gtx1080 & PG348Q recently and graphics look stunning at all ultra.
Some things dont change though, im still rubbish!

Really enjoyed the single player. Some levels were better than others but a lot better from previous games imo. It is very short though, I completed it in 6 hours and that was taking my time. Graphics were stunning and gameplay was great.

Anyone doing the 10 hour thing, able to confirm hardcore mode? How is it?

You die quick enough without it being on hardcore. I would even go as far to say that hardcore might be more frustrating as you would die even quicker.
Since you have to get more bullets on the target to kill someone in normal mode one could argue that takes more skill.

The game mode conquer is pretty epic.

Just had a blast on it, took about 40 mins mind you and we lost but it felt really good, some epic moments. It looks fantastic and sounds great.

Decided to bail the airship as health was low, didn't realise it would put me on top of the thing lol. Nice view though :)

IMAG5519.jpeg

Still having issue with game i dont know whats the problem... heres the latest "update" its going Black when looking around at times.

Also got the low frames issue , its like 99% on there on amber.

Running i7 4790k stock, xfx r9 390 8gb, 16gb kingston ddr3 1600mhz, game is on HDD, but OS is on SSD... thinking of installing it on SSD. Playing at full hd 1080p.

Attachments

• ***.jpg
    ***.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 42
Still having issue with game i dont know whats the problem... heres the latest "update" its going Black when looking around at times.

Also got the low frames issue , its like 99% on there on amber.

Running i7 4790k stock, xfx r9 390 8gb, 16gb kingston ddr3 1600mhz, game is on HDD, but OS is on SSD... thinking of installing it on SSD. Playing at full hd 1080p.

I'm not that tech savvy but my specs are in sig and my OS is on my SSD and the game is on the HDD

Got everything on Ultra at 144hz 1080p
No issues so far

This has to be the best looking and optimized pc game ive ever bought runs like a dream plays and looks fantastic.

Shame they don't do a Battlefield 1 'lite' version with just the single-player campaign in, for half (or so) the price. Its all I want to play, but @6hrs, no way.

I had some issues with performance last night with gpu usage about 40-50% and fps a bit all over the place, was pretty much unplayable.

Did a restart of the pc and it ran a lot better. Locked at 60fps and all ultra etc, I do sometimes get a bit of micro stutter, like when looking into a new area or something but overall it ran well.

i want to buy this so so bad but i go away again on Sunday :( and not sure how often ill get on my Computer RIP... gutted

The playable intro was pretty amazing. Graphics looked sublime, best I've seen for a long time. Especially in a BF game.

I couldn't get on the multiplayer as it was still downloading. 40GB is about the most I've downloaded for a game so far! Took about 4 hours, which isn't bad I suppose!

i want to buy this so so bad but i go away again on Sunday :( and not sure how often ill get on my Computer RIP... gutted

I feel for you, although you are doing something amazing instead!
It depends how much you think you might be able to play on it before you go as to whether it is worth buying.

Remember, if history is anything to go by it is extremely likely that the game will break on launch and you may not be able to play it much anyway until they release a patch.

Remember, if history is anything to go by it is extremely likely that the game will break on launch and you may not be able to play it much anyway until they release a patch.

could happen when everyone comes online at full release, but i have been playing the last two nights as an early enlister and it's been hassle free, no issues whatsoever. we played a couple of rounds of operations last night, then jumped into conquest and it all worked fine

could happen when everyone comes online at full release, but i have been playing the last two nights as an early enlister and it's been hassle free, no issues whatsoever. we played a couple of rounds of operations last night, then jumped into conquest and it all worked fine

That's usually when it happens. It's fine in beta and early access, but when the masses come on it breaks. Lets hope it doesn't happen this time!

It's so enjoyable, and I haven't even tried MP yet! I've never been a huge MP gamer so I'm not sure where I'd begin. I think heard ACG say that Conquest is the best MP mode to play in. Is that the case?

I think it's brilliant!

Edit - A lot of TLC has gone into this game, from the characters to the story, to the gameplay, etc.

conquest is the most balanced of what i have played. operations has the potential to be superb, but it's a bit imbalanced in terms of the defenders at the moment, or at least seemed to be from the few games i had of it last night

Server Rental

PC

• 1 day: $2.99
  • 7 days: $11.99
  • 30 days: $42.99
  • 90 days: $99.99
  • 180 days: $149.99
PlayStation 4/Xbox One

• 1 day: $1.99
  • 7 days: $7.99
  • 30 days: $26.99
  • 90 days: $64.99
  • 180 days: $99.99
Rent-A-Server allows players to set up their own private and public Battlefield 1 servers, with control gameplay options, map rotations, and more. However, unlike with previous games, all of Battlefield 1’s rented servers will be handled by EA directly, instead of third-party companies, which should offer a better experience.

DICE added that the highly-requested Kick/Ban feature will be added as an option for rented servers shortly after the service launches in November.

Does this game crash on anyone else's PC regularly at all? I cannot seem to manage 2 rounds without it black screening or freezing on loading screens. Only a hard reset resolves it too...

Does this game crash on anyone else's PC regularly at all? I cannot seem to manage 2 rounds without it black screening or freezing on loading screens. Only a hard reset resolves it too...

I get the back screen now and again after a match has finished or when I close down the game. Have to reset the PC. Annoying.

Shame they don't do a Battlefield 1 'lite' version with just the single-player campaign in, for half (or so) the price. Its all I want to play, but @6hrs, no way.

You could pay a months worth of origin early access for £4 and use the trick mentioned in this thread by Stu earlier to play the other levels. Definitely worth it for £4

(assuming you haven't already used your 10 hours but even so could create another account)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom