Battlefield 1 sniper rifle broken (won't fire)

mattressback

hi, is anyone else experiencing this? All weapons seem to work fine except the sniper rifles, I pull r2 to fire and nothing happens, or if it does it's about 5 seconds after I pull it. Swapped to lefty set up and it works fine with L2

As I say all other guns that I've tried work fine tho, just sniper (scout) rifles.

Also noticed when holding down L3 to sprint it might sprint a little then stop and need pressing again, seems totally random if and when it does it. Stupid button to choose for that function

Torranach

hi, is anyone else experiencing this? All weapons seem to work fine except the sniper rifles, I pull r2 to fire and nothing happens, or if it does it's about 5 seconds after I pull it. Swapped to lefty set up and it works fine with L2

As I say all other guns that I've tried work fine tho, just sniper (scout) rifles.

Also noticed when holding down L3 to sprint it might sprint a little then stop and need pressing again, seems totally random if and when it does it. Stupid button to choose for that function
Sounds like your controller is gubbed. Do you have another you can try? I had exactly the same issue (with R3) last year, and a new controller sorted it. If your console is less than a year old, contact Sony support and they'll swap it out. Alternatively, I think some people on here have repaired their own controllers to good effect.

majorstare

Similar issue tonight. Snipe someone who was stationary and in range, didn't get a hit!?
Happened most of the games this evening (over a 2hr time period), all other guns were fine.

mattressback

Last time I played gta5 it worked fine, might try it again. I think it possibly is the controller. Found that if I pull R2 at the uppermost part it seems to work but pull it at the bottom of the trigger (the more natural position to pull) it doesn't work. Most bizarre

Haven't got another controller and won't be buying one just for scout class . Seems strange that all other weapons that I've tried so far work fine . Did read on another forum that same issues occur with shotguns and some pistols so that will be fun if that's true for me as well

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
I had a spawn the other day when could not ADS (medic class I think) - but after a death all was back to normal.

paulst10

Distinguished Member
I got stuck in a reloading animation and the gun wouldn't fire, I think I was using the medic class at the time.

ClevBeast

Standard Member
re Sniper Rifle R2 not working - I've played over 15 hours approx and it did happen once on a TDM game. It was weird and a little annoying but once I switched to the fist sniper rifle in class the problem stopped. I wish I could remember the exact gun that jammed as explained in the OP

Nozey

Similar issue tonight. Snipe someone who was stationary and in range, didn't get a hit!?
Happened most of the games this evening (over a 2hr time period), all other guns were fine.
This might not be your issue, but I've noticed with sniper rifles the suppression effect really takes its toll. it's not obvious in BF1 as you get no onscreen prompts that you are suppressed. As an example if you are.in friendly gas you don't take damage but you ARE suppressed. If you hear bullet 'ping' noises because someone can't quite see you then you are probably suppressed.

The upshot of this is that even perfectly lined up shots will almost certainly miss. Took me a while to figure that out.

mattressback

I think I discovered the issue. Plugged my ps4 controller into PC and opened game controller properties . Pulled both L2 and R2 fully on the pic I've attached X rotation is the L2 and Y rotation is the R2 as you can see it doesn't fill the bar completely and therefore isn't as responsive. I tried buying spare silicone connectivity pads and fitting them but couldn't resolve issue.

I could get the bar to fill up entirely if I nipped the pad in the controller with my fingers but could not get the trigger to apply the same pressure. Also tried swapping the L2 trigger into R2 side but still only got same poor results so probably new game pad time

Attachments