Battle Royale: Limited Edition 4K UHD

Coulson

Distinguished Member
I'm holding out. For every 5 people that buy it, they're going to drop it £5. I reckon if enough of you guys preorder it they'll eventually send it to me for free.
I certainly hope it comes down in price. I love this film and I already have the previous Arrow special edition, but I just paid £50 for the LoTR trilogy. I understand that they probably need to do this but I'm not sure I want to pay similar for a single film, even one as great as this.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
It may be some time before a vanilla one is released I’d imagine. A good few months between the Flash Gordon all tat edition and the vanilla (which I waited for).
I have stripped down my purchases now that there is so many expensive releases now. For example I will give the Demons set a miss (sadly) so I can buy this BR set. I love this film and no way am I missing it. It will probably sell out with a fair bit of interest across in America for instance so not taking the chance.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
Now that I've just "seen" a copy of the 3D version I think I would prefer it, even over the 4k.. If I could find the disk to purchase that would be enough for me.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Looks like this one is an earlier release ? Preparing for dispatch from Amazon showing (not able to cancel)

Goonerdude

My pre-order with Amazon is still showing delivery 1st May & that is with Prime.

Sometimes with Amazon it doesn’t pay to pre-order certain titles.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Mines back to 1st May now 🤷🏻‍♂️ Ah well

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
And delivered, in a nice sturdy box:
Hk9MiMS.jpg

XQFr7Vi.jpg

featherhall

Distinguished Member

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Well @rebel_scum what’s it looking like ?
I've only checked out the Special Edition so far, but given the horrible history that Battle Royale has endured over 20 years of mediocre to downright awful home video releases, it's almost revelatory.

It finally looks like film.

I can finally forgive Arrow for reissuing the same crap Blu-rays for almost a decade.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom