1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battle of the Panasonics!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Skinny Puppy, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Skinny Puppy

Skinny Puppy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HELP!

I've been directed to this forum by a friend who has recently purchased a complete new set up.

He went for the Panasonic TH42PW6 - the same screen as I was about to go for myself. However, since this has been replaced by the PW7 I have found myself experiencing a right dilema!!

I've read that the PW7 is one of the best around in terms of picture quality. But, is this still the case, bearing in mind the PE50 is higher resolution? And what happened to the PE30? That got really good reviews, but now seems to have disappeared from existence!!

To top it off, I just read another thread where someone said the PE50 wasn't HD upgradable, but the PW7 was. I thought it was the other way around!!?

Like I said......HELP!! :eek:

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    The PE30 was last year's Viera model. Panasonic replaced it with the PE50 Viera.

The PE30, PE50, PW6 and PW7 are all the same res at 852x480.

There is a high def Viera model that has just been released in the UK, the PV500. Available in 37" & 42" with 50" to be available shortly.

Only the PV500 series is high def compatible.

The PW7 has also been dropped by Panasonic consumer division but is still being sold by Panasonic Business section. The PW8 which will be able to display high def albeit at 852x480 won't be available until Sept 05. I'm guessing the PHD8 will follow in Oct or Nov?

S.

3. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    the PW6 is a fantastic plasma and the PE50 isnt an upgrade just a step sideways. PW6 to PW7 is i think a small step backwords i have had both and I found the PW6 abit better?