Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Battle for Middle Earth

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by PhilGSmith, Feb 10, 2005.

1. PhilGSmith

PhilGSmith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just acquired Battle for Middle earth, however may have dropped a clanger. On the back its states it requires a DVD ROM, however my laptop only 18 months old has a CD/DVD drive, and won't recognise the disc. It did recognise and play the LOTHR game however. The disc is fine because I have a desktop with a plextor 708a in it that recognises the disc.

Anyway I can get this to play on the laptop, or do I need to get a new DVD drive.

2. Obuggrit

Obuggrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose you could find a No-DVD crack, install that on your desktop along with a full installation of the game, then transfer the BoME folder to your lap top via firewire, USB, or whatever you use.

3. masped

masped

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It might be worth checking with the manufacturer of your CD/DVD drive to see whether there is a firmware upgrade available which might fix the problem.