1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery won't charge

Discussion in 'PS Vita Forum' started by a1baz, Aug 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. a1baz

a1baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having a bit of problem with my new PSP and was wondering if anyone had any ideas or similar issues. I've only just got it (Jap model :lease: ) and after having it plugged in for 30 mins the batt status was still 0%. I pulled out the plug to see if it did have a bit of charge but it turned itself off, i plugged it back in and had another look at the battery status and it said the charge level was 0 but the charge status was complete???? Now when its plugged in the charge light doesn't come on so i'm guessing its not charging. I'm gonna leave it plugged in for a few hours and see if it the battery charges at all.

Any Ideas?

2. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You were probably a bit too quick in wanting to use the PSP, as you say leave it on charge for about 12 full hours now(And resist using it) and things should be ok

3. saeco

saeco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Problem :
    Not a common error but it's seemed to be a more and more common issue with the clients i've had that purchase my imported stock, the issue is as best described as this ;

When connected to external power source, the orange 'charging' light doesnt turn on, and under 'battery information' the charge level shows as 0%, but (even plugged into the powr source) the battery status says Charge complete, hours left says -, and power source says external, when the external power source is disconnected, the psp shuts off instantly.

This i can only assume is an error with the charge detection system of the psp, which seems to happen when the psp battery level is at 0%

Solution :
    Remove the battery from the psp unit, and taking two sections of wire, connect them to the slots (+) and ( - ) of the battery pack, and either ;

a) Connect the other ends together for a short ammount of time (shorting it), or
    b) place the other ends on your tongue for a few seconds (its a low voltage so it wont hurt, just a small tingle, which i recommend)

Once done, place the battery in the psp, and connect the external power source, a second or so later the orange charge light should come on and everything will be well.

As a side note out of the hundreds of units i have sold only 12 people have had this problem, and the above solution was used on all, and fixed every one, so if it happens to you, give it a try before splashing out on a new battery!

hope this help .... :thumbsup:

from maxconsole.net

4. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Whoa! Sounds extreme.

I had this problem when I was using an adapter with the PSP for the 2 pin plug. Replace the 2 pin lead with the PS2 3 pin lead and you'll have no problems. If you don't have a PS2, you can buy one for a couple of quid (the cable that is) in GAME or whereever.

5. a1baz

a1baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i am currently using the 2 pin (jap i presume) plug with an adaptor, i've got loads of the british plugs knocking about and if that doesn't work i'll try frazzling my tounge, eek!
    Cheers dudes

6. a1baz

a1baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried changing to a UK plug and it didn't help. Tried shorting the battery on my tongue and it appeared to work, the charging light came on, Wahoo!! but within 5 mins it had gone back to how it was.

Any other ideas?

7. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    :hiya: Did you fix this problem, if so how??? as my JAP import is doing the same so I need a little help