1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

battery questions

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by SanPedro, Aug 5, 2004.

1. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    I just bought a Minolta Dimage 7i recently which seems to chew through batteries for a laugh. It came with a Sanyo charger and 4 AA batteries rated at 1850 mAh. If I use it a lot i get about 150 shots in a half days use

I have some other rechargeables at home that have been used in TV remotes etc for a year or more. When I charge these up and leave them in the camera bag a few days they last about a few minutes in camera. Have they just worn out or do I need these higher rated batteries?

Will the sanyo charger be ok for any kind of NiMh batteries? I got some UniRoss rated at 2000 mAh from B&Q which i charge up. Just wondered if the sanyo is doing its job right.

finally - what should the average recharge time be for a given strength of battery?

Thanks for your time

Chris

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  3. Oddbodd

Oddbodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Just to second what keanyboy has said, Ansmann are the dogs danglies in the battery world :D
    Cheers,
    Oddbodd.

4. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Thanks Keany and Oddbodd. I'm on my hols next week so I'll give my existing kit a try before committing myself to some new batteries.

I could just buy the batteries without the charger I suppose, assuming the Sanyo charger will charge them properly - any thoughts on that?

I had a set of 2000 mHa AA batteries in the camera yesterday and they did just fine for a day out walking. Took about 20 - 30 pics plus a fair bit of messing about and then downloading them onto my PC from the camera. Still seems to have a full battery symbol

Chris

5. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I get hundreds mate with my charger, and films plus a lot of messing about. In all honesty i'd get rid of it sell the thing and buy the ansmann.