Battery Memory Loss

Inishmore

Novice Member
Need your help here :(

My 10 month old Apple unlocked iPhone has decided that when I charge it after an hour max will switch off completely saying it run out of battery!!

Now have done a full restore through Itunes and charging it as the battery is in the RED. It doesn't make a difference if I charge it through the PC USB or the wall charger either :(

Any suggestions? It all happened just out of the blue......no previous issues with the battery.

Thanks

Inishmore

Novice Member
did it again after charging the phone for 40mins......battery went 3/4 of the way full and after 1hr the 20% battery remaining message showed up:(

vernavideo

Novice Member
Hi,
Check in the email setting if push has been enabled. If it is, and you do not have a compatible push mail server feeding the iphone client, disable it and that should solve it -it's a known issue.

Ciao,
Stefano

Inishmore

Novice Member
Hi,
Check in the email setting if push has been enabled. If it is, and you do not have a compatible push mail server feeding the iphone client, disable it and that should solve it -it's a known issue.

Ciao,
Stefano
Thanks Stefano,

I'm using googlemail with the exchange server way of setting it up. Phone has been working fine up until yesterday.

I called Apple and because I bought the phone from Greece so that it was sim-free I cannot take it to an Apple Store in the UK to have it fixed!!!! It can only be fixed through a shop from the country you bought it!!!!

Anyone know if that is true or whether the guy on the phone was talking ********?

Inishmore

Novice Member
just update in case anyone else gets similar problems

after a 3rd full charge the battery held it for about 5hrs......still the time is not enough as most of it is on standby but is defo better than before.

I have just done another restore to an older backup and is now being charged. if this doesn't work the last attempt will be to restore as a new phone.

then if that fails it will have proven it is a hardware issue so it is going back to greece to get fixed!!

Not happy about this policy from Apple!!! Absolutely useless!!:mad:

manor park

Novice Member
Hutch

A lot of international brands have international warranties, even more so for up market brands. So I agree with the OP, and that the cost of Apple goods they should carry a top end international warranty.

MP

Inishmore

Novice Member
My Samsung Laptop can be fixed internationally and that cost half the price of the iPhone....so can my LG telly or PC monitor.....so does my Canon camera.

Apple 's policy is basically another rip-off from said company!! Now that the Palm Pre is out I would be very interested in seeing how they hold in the market share.

With regards to my battery issue now.......I have now turned off Push which seems like it has improved things even more. That though is not acceptable cause it has been working with Push on for months.

I think tomorrow I'll send it via DHL to Greece and get it looked at / fixed

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom