1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery Charging

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by porto99, Sep 5, 2005.

1. porto99

porto99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a new battery for my Sony DCR-HC22E camcorder. The original battery works fine for about 80mins. However the new battery only lasts about the same time (or a bit less).

The new battery reports 136 mins but switches off around 70/80 mins useage.

I ran both batterys down and re-charged them but the new battery does not give 136 mins.

Question do I need a battery charger for this new battery NP-FP50, rather than using the camera docking station as its a heavier duty battery?

The original battery is a NP-FP30 and works fine.

Any comments please.

2. fujiman

fujiman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe the most power hungry thing on any camcorder is the LCD screen, the figures given for life of your battery are for using the viewfinder only.

3. porto99

porto99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes the LCD scren is always on.

Its just that after about 1 hour the display reports 83 mins left, then a few mins later BLANK - nothing no power - no warning.

I am going to return the battery as is should last ~ 2hours and give battery low warning.

I just wondered if there was a setting to make for different types of batteries.