battery and charger - which one!

Tinderbox (UK)

Novice Member
Hi.

Are any of the third party version worth buying as i dont have a lot of money after getting the console.

There seems to be loads of different versions on ebay, are any good!

If there are do you have a link.

Or should i just save and buy the Microsoft one.

Thanks

John.

Geordiepete

Novice Member
I agree with the above post mate, buy a normal charger and a few extra batteries for it, then you can put them in anything you like, guitar controller, xbox controller, steering wheel etc. I have bought 2 different types of battery pack charger from ebay and they were a bit pump. One of them takes a day to charge and lasts about an hour in the controller, no joke! I got a duracell charger for £15 and 6 extra batteries for £10 and its been ace, I can even use them in my camera or anything else I need to:smashin:

Tinderbox (UK)

Novice Member
Hi.

I have my controller running on 2 nimh eneloop batterys at the moment, so you think this is the best way to run the it.

Do i still get a battery meter, as i have not seen it yet? , how do i know when the batterys are running out.

Also the instructors, warn against using rechargeable battery's in the controller, is it just so Microsoft can sell you a battery pack and charger or is their a reason.

thanks

John.

Morphies

Novice Member
Why not have a look in the classifieds for a play and charge kit? You should be able to get one for around £10 delivered

When the batteries are running low just plug it and carry on!

The battery meter is on your guide button, hit that and you should see it on the top left.

Another warning of the batteries running low is the ring of light on the controller rotates clockwise.

Last edited:

Tinderbox (UK)

Novice Member
Hi.

I can see the battery level now, I will just stick to rechargable battery`s

thanks

John.

mpn

Banned
If you want them specifically for the 360 get yourself a quick charge kit and a couple of battery packs mate, really quick to charge and a very good battery life which gives a lot of play before needing a charge. :smashin:

blicky_1

If you want them specifically for the 360 get yourself a quick charge kit and a couple of battery packs mate, really quick to charge and a very good battery life which gives a lot of play before needing a charge. :smashin:
2nd vote on this from me, have had the quick charger with a couple of batts for over a year now, quick to charge and last ages :thumbsup:

nerro

Novice Member
This is what i use and i think it's great, charges the battery in about 2hrs if completely dead. Fully charged battery lasts me about 2 weeks and thats about 35hrs play time.

I've picked up battery packs from Comet who are selling them for £2.99 at the moment, only thing is that they're pink. If you don't mind the colour then its a bargain.

Tinderbox (UK)

Novice Member
Hi.

Is this an instore offer, as the comet website has them for £9.99 , not £2.99

Regards

John.

This is what i use and i think it's great, charges the battery in about 2hrs if completely dead. Fully charged battery lasts me about 2 weeks and thats about 35hrs play time.

I've picked up battery packs from Comet who are selling them for £2.99 at the moment, only thing is that they're pink. If you don't mind the colour then its a bargain.

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Hi.

Is this an instore offer, as the comet website has them for £9.99 , not £2.99

Regards

John.
Yes its instore only, i got two blue ones a couple of weeks ago, don't know if they have any left now though.

Mark.

DCFC79

Ive got the official ms recharge packs and they're good, you can also charge the battery pack up while you play the game

Codehead

Distinguished Member
I've got two controllers and the Play and Charge™ kit. One controller is normally plugged in and charging most of the time. I switch the controllers over every couple of days and very rarely have one run flat on me.

I've had them running like this for over two years. One of the batteries is starting to get a little ropey, so I'll be going to see if Comet have any of those cheap ones left.

I had a play and charge until my new dog decided it was time to change it :suicide: I now have a quick charge kit which I got second hand at game station with also a battery for the sum of £5.00.;)

IMO the plug and charge seems to work for a while about a week normal use for me. Now I seem to get more and having 3 batteries means that I always have one on charge.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom