1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battalion Wars

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by hpoom, Sep 22, 2005.

1. hpoom

hpoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    So Battalion Wars was released in the US on Monday and I can't wiat till December to get this game. So I want to buy the US version ( I have a freeload and with the US copy I will be able to play it in Proscan on my LCD TV )

I have only found it one place so far. And it's £32
    http://www.importmadness.co.uk/cgi-bin/prod?Item_Number=70821

Does anybody else know anywhere I can get it cheaper and get it posted ot the UK ?????

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,268
    Are they based in the UK or US? Mario Baseball's a good price, but not if I have to add import tax on the top :rolleyes:

I also want Battalion Wars, ben searching prices but haven't found better than your price.

3. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    www.dvdboxoffice.com have got it for just over £30 (CAN$62.95). They'll post it out free of charge, and I've never been hit by a customs charge for a game before (except Donkey Konga, which they had to send by DHL, who charge you for everything).

4. usagi13

usagi13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    You could try

www.videogamesplus.ca

I know from the NTSC uk forums that they are already shipping Battalion Wars and seem to be a good reliable company.

5. hpoom

hpoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    OK I've order it from ImportMaddness. Seamed to be the cheapest, I found a copy on ebay, but would have been £35 inc postage. The ImportMaddness copy says it comes with a memory card as well ( none of the others said that ). Should be with me in 5 working days, I've give a breif review when i get my hands on it.

This has been the Gamecube game I have been looking forward to the most !!! ( and thats out of all GC releases ) I'm suprised Nintendo have not pushed it more!

Anyway I'll post again once I get it ( if I can tear myself away from the game )

6. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,268
    Have you used ImportMadness before? Wondering what the chances of being hit with import taxes are. Doesn't seem to clear if they're based in the UK or US :confused:

7. hpoom

hpoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Tetlee, I've not used ImportMadness before, but friends have and none of them have been stung for import tax yet. I know your interested in the game too, I can post again when it arrives and tell you if I got stung for import tax or not. If you can wait that long, then you will know for sure, and I will be able to comment on ImportMadness's service a delivery speed.

I belive they are located in the US.
    Hope that helps ( I want the game now, I can't wait :( )

8. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,268
    Nice one hpoom, will be interested to get your opinion :smashin:

9. Chanser

Chanser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Arriving soon, not sure what I'll think when I get it.

10. overlord

overlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I bought GBA SP from them a couple months ago.

No problems with tax. Got it marked as gift when I ordered.

Game's shouldn't be a problem.

11. hpoom

hpoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well I planned on post back here to tell you what I thought of this game and what I thought of ImportMadness's service. I can't tell you how the game is yet as I still don't have it. One thing I can tell you for sure is ImportMadness's service is dreadfull!!!

I ordered the game on Friday 23rd Sep (2 weeks ago). Even though the item was labled "Usually Ships Within 24 - 48 Hours" it was not posted until Weds 28th Sep ( I make that 5 day, or 3 working days ). The they said that from posting I would recieve my game in 5 days. Today is Friday 7th Oct I make that 9 days ( or 7 working days ). So even being kind and working on weekdays ( exc Sat and Sun ) they took and extra day before they posted and it has now been 2 extra days in posting time.

I have just worded an email to them to ask what is going on and explain that I will not be ordering from them again in the future.

Hope fully I get my game soon and then I can tell you all what I think of it. In the mean time I advise you all steer clear of ImportMadness

12. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,268
    Was going to come back & ask you what you thought of the game. Bugger, sorry to hear it's taking so long :mad: .

You're not the only one dissapointed though, I ordered "Champions of Norrath" from SimplyGames on 19th September, received an email saying it had been shipped on 26th September, still no game :mad: .

Got in touch with SimplyGames, they told me I now have to go through their claims procedure, then kept me waiting a further two days & another phone call before emailing me the claims form(which they said they would email immediatly).

Wouldn't recommend SimplyGames any more from now on :suicide:

Anyway, hope you get your game, will be waiting for your opinions

13. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    It just get more and more stupid! :rotfl:

When is mario crufts released again?

14. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,268
    TBH Games Guru, there's one good thing about throwing Mario into sports game. It has a strange effect of attracting non-gamers into games. In feb I'm moving abroad and my girlfriend has one HUGE family, from experience of visiting them I can tell you that the only games most of them will play are the Mario titles.

Strange I know but non-gamers seem to feel somehow less intimidated by games when the see Mario & Co on the cover. Right now I'm trying to get as many multi-player games for the Gamecube as poss, the Cube's gonna be the multiplayer console (already have 4 wavebirds) and the 360 will be looked after & cared for just for me :D

I'm no huge Mario fan, but if he can encourage four players of all ages to sit around and have a laugh, it suits me. Occasionally takes some of the pressure off having to try to communicate in Spanish ;)

15. hpoom

hpoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hurray. My copy of Battalion Wars came today. I've only played the first 3 missions but already I know this is going to be a fantastic game. From what I have played so far I love it. So Tetlee go and buy it now! This game is good, I'll post more here when I have played a few more missions.