Batman Wave

Fawky

Standard Member
Reaction score
So, seems there will be a wave coming of the following Batman titles on 3rd June:

Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

No artwork as yet and only advertised on Zavvi as 'Sold Out' (i.e. not yet available)

Wish it was the 60's TV series instead...

So, seems there will be a wave coming of the following Batman titles on 3rd June:

Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

No artwork as yet and only advertised on Zavvi as 'Sold Out' (i.e. not yet available)

Dark Knight Rises? I forget now, was that a HMV exclusive?

Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

Oh... spiffing! Great news, but what with all the pre-orders I have already stacked up, I will be eating dust and collecting rain water to drink/bathe in for the next few months :rolleyes:

If I want these, I must get brutal when picking what I want.

Yes, it was an HMV exclusive back in December.
Am hoping that with the new one being part of a set that it gets a re-design and not a lazy reprint of the HMV exclusive.

I'm pretty sure it was as I havent seen it anywhere else advertised.

I'm surprised they are already reissuing BB and TDK, the double play steelbook isn't that old is it and this and DKR are still being stocked in HMV.

Boo no The Dark Knight Return steelbooks... ill get Batman and Batman Returns if the art looks good

Warner just can't stop themselves. Why so many re-releases? Why couldn't they just do the two new ones? Anyway individual threads created, will update with details as and when.

Warner just can't stop themselves. Why so many re-releases? Why couldn't they just do the two new ones?

Getting utterly ridiculous now :suicide:

Notice how the prices of these re issues are creeping up as well. They used to be £10-£12 now it's £18 for each new batman title.
I saw black swan & commando at £15 & thought it was a bit cheeky, but went with it.
At £10-£12 i would've got BB & TDK but at these prices Ill be sitting them out I think.

Looks like I'll be cancelling my order with amazon.com then if these are coming to the UK as well

They're all available to pre order..

Steelbooks | Blu-ray Steelbooks from Zavvi | Free UK Delivery

Only after Batman Begins and TDK to go with my TDKR, very pleased they're getting a UK release, hopefully the artwork is good and matches my TDKR. :)

TDK and TDKR have already price dropped to £15.99, that's what they show in the basket anyway, i'm sure the others will follow

Last edited:
I might invest in Batman and Batman Returns. I'm happy with my Double ateelbook for begins and dark knight and I have rises already.

the thing wnn said:
not that impressed with DK and BB artwork, was hoping for better (won't be getting them anyway, but still :D )

Me neither. I'm going to order Batman and Batman Returns though I think.

Edit: just ordered them. I'm not going to preorder anymore now. I've got 6 on preorder for may/ June time.

Last edited:
Im mega stoked with this news, and very happy with all the artworks inc Dark Knight being the same as the Jap release. Bit disappointed with DKR being a reprint, suppose it stops me buying it all other again unless they add something new to it.

Last edited:
Got the German steel box set and I don't like the older ones enough to warrant buying them. Easy pass.

Looks like i got out just in time - crazy amount of releases! Got the early films box set and the German Trilogy steelbook boxset so thatll do me!

I've been wanting these steels (esp the Jap versions) so i'm happy with the news of release.. Pre-ordered the Nolan trilogy : )

I'm really not a fan of those Batman Begins and Dark Knight steelbooks. I think I'd ponder getting them if I didn't have one but even then I might pass. I love my BB/DK jumbo steel.

oh great why the flip couldnt it just be for the batman anthology films?

we already have the jumbo steel and i know dark knight rises is a straight sale of excess stock so i dont need to purchase that one (thank the lord).

but bb and tdk its just overkill. now its another best buy with lovely artwork to sell and get white versions. being into uk over anything else sucks.

I much prefer my imported BB and TDK steels to the premium versions.

Attachments

• image-133454675.jpg
    image-133454675.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 109
replicant81 said:
oh great why the flip couldnt it just be for the batman anthology films?

we already have the jumbo steel and i know dark knight rises is a straight sale of excess stock so i dont need to purchase that one (thank the lord).

but bb and tdk its just overkill. now its another best buy with lovely artwork to sell and get white versions. being into uk over anything else sucks.

Resist and don't buy them. If you can let these batman ones slip the steelbook cure will be broken and then you can just buy the ones you want.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom