3939990-2675223.jpg

Here is a US release link:

Amazon US:
Amazon product

Some details and quotes from Zack Snyder:

Other disc outlets:

Last edited:

John

Theres a huge thread on it, but so far there has been very little confirmed about a disc release

matthewricha

you're not confusing this BvS IMAX thread with Zack Snyder's Justice League cut are you? if not have you a link?

Last edited:

Racquel Darrian

Distinguished Member
Happy to get just the disc and put it in my steelbook.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
So how much imax do we get?

matthewricha

not sure, the above link states, "...presented in a new 1.43:1 IMAX aspect ratio and will also feature new color grading. Last year, during the holidays a video was released showing off the new look of the film and also offered a side-by-side comparison with how the old original film would have looked. As you’ll see, there’s a big difference...."

I wonder if this release on disc will have black bars at the side, as 16:9 is equivalent to 1.78:1 IMAX:

maxresdefault.jpg

bvs70mmtryitagain.jpg

Trying to decide whether to pre-order from WOWHD or wait for Amazon US to have a link or perhaps a UK source if we're lucky.

Quite excited for this release as if the PQ is anything like The Dark Knight's IMAX scenes we're in for a treat!

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

not sure, the above link states, "...presented in a new 1.43:1 IMAX aspect ratio and will also feature new color grading. Last year, during the holidays a video was released showing off the new look of the film and also offered a side-by-side comparison with how the old original film would have looked. As you’ll see, there’s a big difference...."

I wonder if this release on disc will have black bars at the side, as 16:9 is equivalent to 1.78:1 IMAX:

View attachment 1465572

View attachment 1465573

Trying to decide whether to pre-order from WOWHD or wait for Amazon US to have a link or perhaps a UK source if we're lucky.

Quite excited for this release as if the PQ is anything like The Dark Knight's IMAX scenes we're in for a treat!
If its being presented in 1.43:1 then yes it will have black bars at the sides.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
If its being presented in 1.43:1 then yes it will have black bars at the sides.
Just on this point, what are nolans imax scenes ratio on his 4k releases I thought there would be no black bars?

matthewricha

My Dark Knight and Interstellar 4k discs are 2.4:1 hence no bars on those

Indiana Jones

Just on this point, what are nolans imax scenes ratio on his 4k releases I thought there would be no black bars?
Nolan crops his IMAX scenes so they fill a wide screen display, Synder doesn't want to loose anything which I am fine with.

Indiana Jones

My Dark Knight and Interstellar 4k discs are 2.4:1 hence no bars on those
2:40.1 will give you black bars top and bottom, only the IMAX scenes won't present black bars but they are cropped from what was originally filmed.

zantarous

Distinguished Member

View attachment 1465572

View attachment 1465573

Amazon seem to have a lot of problems getting WB MOD discs and who knows how much of these will get pressed. Heck Pump up the Volume was released yesterday and is already listed as sold out and not sure we will get more at Wow.

Think I just talked myself into ordering this.

Indiana Jones

Amazon seem to have a lot of problems getting WB MOD discs and who knows how much of these will get pressed. Heck Pump up the Volume was released yesterday and is already listed as sold out and not sure we will get more at Wow.

Think I just talked myself into ordering this.

I have just placed an order, £20.25 delivered but like you say its an MOD release so might become very hard to source very quickly.

matthewricha

I have a nasty habit of procrastinating and then missing out on things, so I've gone ahead and preordered from Wowhd too.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
I have just placed an order, £20.25 delivered but like you say its an MOD release so might become very hard to source very quickly.
If you've ordered it indy I must £20 odd quid seems very reasonable for this remastered release. Now need justice league snyder and were golden!

Last edited:

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member

Last edited:

matthewricha

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

WOW charge straight away don’t they ?
Yes they do, I don’t normally like paying in advance for pre-orders but only a month.

This will get a UK release though won’t it?
🇬🇧
I doubt it as it’s an MOD release, they don’t normally see the light of day outside the states.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Tidal streaming service acquired by Twitter/Square's Jack Dorsey
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021