1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

batman + returns

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dvdmike, Jan 31, 2004.

1. dvdmike

dvdmike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    are all the copies as bad as the r2 as per picture?

2. Passenger57

Passenger57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I haven't seen the R2 versions, but I have the R1 four-movie box-set and the quality isn't amazing, but at least they are all anamorphic widescreen.

I believe the R2 version of 'Batman' is fullscreen.

Rumour has it there is a Special Edition planned for Batman and Batman Returns to be released around the time of the new Bat movie... in the mean time, go pick up the 1966 Adam West & Burt Ward TV Movie - it's fantastic for so many different reasons!!

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

3. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    The R2 Batman is 16:9 anamorphic W/S - pic isn't as bad as some people say (on my 32 inch Tosh, anyway) but I agree a remastering would be welcome.

Batman Returns is slightly cut on R2 so I went for the R1 disc.

Special Editions are being worked on and, as Passenger57 says, will probably be released when Batman Begins hits the cinemas.

4. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3

when are they going to release the TV series :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

5. Passenger57

Passenger57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Holy Batmania DVD!

Not quite the TV show, but the nearest we're gonna get for sometime... until then, enjoy it on FX289!

6. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got the region2 batman[burton] today and wasnt happy as it turned out 2 be fullscreen

7. Passenger57

Passenger57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I did mention that in my message above - it says 'Regular' inside a TV box on the Batman sleeve... don't worry - new versions soon, most likely for all four!

8. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Very strange! Just put mine on to make sure my memory wasn't playing tricks and it's definately 16:9 anamorphic w/s - roughly 1.78:1 ratio.

Yes, my copy has this on the back too but as I say, it's 16:9 anamorphic - I'm watching it now! This was one of the early DVD releases and I remember there were a number of titles back then that had vague or often completely wrong info about the pic ratio printed on the back sleeve - I think the studios had trouble trying to explain the various w/s ratios to the general public and sometimes just put "REGULAR - Suitable For All TV Screens" to make things easier...although in reality it only confused things more!

Anyway, I bought my copy of Batman ages ago - maybe 4-5 years - so is it possible Warner have re-released it in 4:3 only? If they have it's the first I've heard of it, though...and why would they do that anyway?

9. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a scene missing from the widescreen version of Batman which is funnily enough shown in the fullscreen version, forget which site mentioned this possibly rewind, anyways heres hoping next years releases are great.