1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batman Beyond - Return Of The Joker - Why have Warners held it back to cut it?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by DaveH, Nov 1, 2000.

1. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    For those that care,

The above film was scheduled for release on October 24th I wondered why it was put back to December recently and have discovered that the reason for this is because there is a 10 minute sequence that was considered unsuitable for youngsters so Warners have trimmed and re-editted it.

I'm well annoyed. People in America have seen the original cut and say it's excellent but are upset also that the film is being cut for DVD in the states.

At least they have seen the uncut version.

Does anyone have any information on whether Warners are definitely butchering a film that has been hailed by all reviewers?

Dave.

2. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    My fears are 100% confirmed.

The DVD is definitely cut. Apparently the violence was a bit over the top for a 'cartoon' and Warners have re-edited it. Such a shame.

It could well have been the best batman movie since Mask Of The Phantasm.

I am totally against bootlegs but if anyone knows of a place that does them I would like to know I must own it. If you truly knew about this film you would know why I wanted it. There is a 10 minute sequence in it which is a major spoiler and sounds so good that I wish I did not know about it yet!

3. neilbennett

neilbennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They will probably release a special edition in a couple of months with "additional footage". Just so you buy it twice.

4. DaveH

DaveH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I hope so.

I'm well annoyed.

Why is that when a cartoon comes out people automatically categorise it to childrens? I suppose because it is Batman and crap such as Batman Forever, and Batman and Robin don't help.