Batman Begins...

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Just watched this for the first time, and I'm actually very impressed - it was a LOT better than I expected it to be, and Christian Bale is surprisingly good as Batman/Bruce Wayne IMO....

Deffo give this film top marks. A lot of films and film series have recently had remakes and prequels/sequels and tried to be brought up to date, and most, whilst they have been good, have usually lacked something of the originals. This I feel actually drew from the originals and has added to the "legacy" of the series. It's dark-esque portrayal, whilst still including amusing anecdotes, and classic references really makes it work, and it is nicely directed and very well produced :)

Might be time to dust of the old Tim Burton "original" film and give that another watch ;)

Spooky

Yeh aint a huge Bale fan and was not really looking forward to it but I gotta say I REALLY enjoyed it, thought it was directed by Christopher Nolan with some care.
Looking forward to more in the series, any plans for more?

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
I take it that will be a kind of remake of the first Burton film then?

Not sure however, that anyone could play the Joker as well as ol' Jack Nicholson ;)

Supra

Not sure however, that anyone could play the Joker as well as ol' Jack Nicholson ;)

Jack Nicholson was perfect as the Joker, can't think of anyone else but him doing it again

Garrett

Not necessary because it has the Joker in it, bit like them saying every time the Joker turns up in the comics its a remake of the first ever Joker story.

Melkor

Yeah, quite a good film for a Batman saga - has alot of depth and charector development

It was Ok.. could have been a lot better. Nobody has yet made a really good Batman movie compared to Spiderman. Batman should do a bit more detective work, and act a bit more angry, and insane.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom