Batman Begins DVD - something in them shadows!!

B

bonc

"First Grab your retail copy of Batman Begins and stick it in your player!"

Go to menu screen - select scene index - I think its scene 2 (the one showing Liam Neeson's face as hes talking to Christian Bale sitting on the floor of prison)!

Look closely as Liam Neeson talks paying particular attention to the darkness on the left side of his head - theres movement in them shadows!!!

not sure how to explain it, dont know if its picture noise, blocking or what - something aint right!

can anyone shed any light on this?

I'm assuming/hoping lol, its the DVD disc! (poor encoding etc)

can anyone else see it? or am I going mad???

pwood

I noticed this on the rental copy I had as well. Not the best transfer i've seen.
I got moaned at from the other half for switching between picture settings on my screen too much :rotfl:

B

bonc

pwood said:
I noticed this on the rental copy I had as well. Not the best transfer i've seen.
I got moaned at from the other half for switching between picture settings on my screen too much :rotfl:
so im not going crazy, nice one PWOOD! - do you know what the technical term is? does anyone?

I tried it in my bedroom 14 CRT tv with a pioneer dvd player (360 i think) - the CRT masked it considerably, however it was still there, looked more like mosquito noise on the CRT!!

p.s my misses didnt even see it!!! not until I gently grabbed the back of her head and pressed it lightly agaisnt the LCD screen, she saw it eventually! :D

Will Scarlet

bonc I'm not suprised your wife didn't see it, neither can I. Of course given enough time staring at a shadow you'll eventually see whatever is suggested. I read this post and somewhat confused, but intrigued, I decided to check the said scene. On my copy, albeit region 3, the scene plays perfectly. Regards pwood, "not the best transfer I've ever seen", Batman Begins has been hailed by most reviewers as a near reference quality transfer and I'd have to agree. The copy I have is practically flawless. :thumbsup: By the way, I have a 32" CRT.

Seth Gecko

retired member
I did state elsewhere on the forums that the R1 does have some dot crawl/artefacts present in some shadow scenes compared to the R3 version (I have R1,2 and 3). The scene detailed above is definitely one where I noticed it on the R1.

It may be a Denon issue (I have the 3910) but I'm not totally convinced - but there is definitely a difference in this area between the R1 and R3 disks.

Seth Gecko

retired member
I'll try and find some time to verify if it's a player issue - I can check it on one of my 2 Pioneer's (it's just finding the time!!!), but it IS odd that the R3 didn't have this issue (haven't watched the R2 in its entirety, just to verify the sound mix).

Will Scarlet

Maybe I need a bigger screen to see it, or should have gone to Specsavers. Can't get the image of bonc with his wife's face pressed lightly against the LCD out of my head. :)

B

bonc

Ha Ha,

so this is where you guys took my Post, have been looking for this!!

yer should of mentioned, I was watching a Region 2 version of Batman, its defienately there!!

Will, like I said on my original post, CRT masks this problem very well!! you need a fixed pixel display (most probably) to notice it!!!

yer I have read alot of good reviews about this dvd, but I also read one bad one saying it has poor encoding!!

http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avsoftware/dvd-video/BatmanBeginsDVDReview.php

just glad everyone else is noticing it and it aint only me!!!

my wife loves me, she'll be fine LOL

Trending threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom