Batman: Arkham Origins

Det

Distinguished Member
Anyone going to pick this up on the Vita?

I think I am because right now Amazon.com have a $10 promotional credit if you preorder it and I liked all the previous Batman games on the PS3.

I'd be interested to see how they utilize the rear touch pad. But honestly, only games that were made specifically for the Vita will be able to maximize the Vita capabilities like tilt, rear touch screen, camera, etc.

samtman

It's a bit early for me to pre order. Haven't seen any of it yet and it's a different developer than previous games. May be worth it for you due to the offer though.

sleepylaser

The vita version is a 2.5d side scrolling metroid style game by armature studios.. Formed by a couple of the lead developers on the first metroid prime. Which bodes incredibly well!

Det

Distinguished Member
The vita version is a 2.5d side scrolling metroid style game by armature studios.. Formed by a couple of the lead developers on the first metroid prime. Which bodes incredibly well!
Ooh, that's interesting. So it won't follow the same basic combat and layout of the PS3 version.

May actually make good use of the rear touch pad and motion architecture then!

Sweetness.

Wigandave

Didn't know that, sounds very promising. After the panning that CoD got it would have been a shame to get a shoddy port of Batman. If the Metroid guys are involved though Id expect this to be worth watching out for.

Det

Distinguished Member
Totally forgot I ordered this. Came right now in the mail. Should i play it or return it? Is it getting good reviews? Can't be arsed to look them up if anyone knows off the top of their head.

Foster

Distinguished Member
GamesRadar – 3.5/5
IGN – 7.4/10
Gamespot – 5/10
GameInformer – 6/10

Det

Distinguished Member
So a return. Think I'll trade it in to wal-mart cuz I got a $10 promotional credit for preordering it from Amazon lol

Wigandave

How much time you put into it? Is a game I've got an eye on but the reviews seem to be a bit average and suggest it gets a bit repetitive. Have enjoyed AA & AC on PS3 though so might pick this up if its around a tenner.

The Goon

Novice Member
Big fan of platformers and the recent Batman games but will hold off on this for the moment. Games drop so much in price nowadays that it's rarely worth buying day one.

Shanew1705

Do you need to play Arkham Origins on PS3/360 before playing the Vita version?

vtrmart

Distinguished Member
No, it's a completely different story with a different game mechanic-2.5D. More a fill in the blanks game as it bridges story gaps from the big brother versions.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom