Batman animations on Blu

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone list the best of the Batman animations currently available on Bluray?
Used to watch the 90's series, that was very good. :)

Last edited:
:)Done

I only have two animated Batman Blus Batman: Gotham Knight and Justice League: New Frontier.

Gotham Knight is a collection of short stories done in different styles. Each was too short and slight to work for me. I was very disappointed. New Frontier woked brilliantly for me but Bats is not one of the main characters. It's set in the 50s and the main characters are Hal Jordan's Green Lantern and The Martin Manhunter/J'onn J'onzz played by David Boreanaz and Miguel Ferrer. I really enjoyed this one and the take on Batman is very good but as I say he's not one of the main characters.

Batman: Gotham Knight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Justice League: The New Frontier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spoiler alert on the links.

Bri

Of the blu's out
Batman: Under the Red Hood this prob comes close to the feel of the 90's show
Batman: Under the Red Hood [Blu-ray] [US Import]: Amazon.co.uk: Bruce Greenwood, Jensen Ackles, John Di Maggio, Neil Patrick Harris, Jason Isaacs, Wade Williams, Carlos Alazraqui, Robert Clotworthy, Gary Cole, Brian George, Kelly Hu, Phil LaMarr, Bra

Justice League Doom
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Justice-Lea...ef=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1343347879&sr=1-2

Batman beyond
Batman Beyond: Return of Joker [Blu-ray] [2000] [US Import]

two team up stories
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Batman-Apocalypse-Blu-ray-Import/dp/B003UN2ILS/ref=pd_sim_d_h__17

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Batman-Public-Enemies-Blu-ray/dp/B0027FG29Y/ref=pd_sim_d_h__16

There are more but these are the Batman focused or batman heavy ones. All the warner stuff region free so no problem playing them

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Have you seen any of the Justice League TV series? I have some of them on DVD but they are also out on Blu-Ray in the States. I like the way Batman is played in these. I wasn't too impressed when they did Justice League Unlimited though. The series worked much better with the small number of recurring characters.

Bri

Have you seen any of the Justice League TV series? I have some of them on DVD but they are also out on Blu-Ray in the States. I like the way Batman is played in these. I wasn't too impressed when they did Justice League Unlimited though. The series worked much better with the small number of recurring characters.

Bri
The series was split into 4 seasons the first 2 with the recurring characters, when it went to unlimited the stories were nor or less all 1 episode but had a larger ark, after the brilliant first 2 seasons with 2 episodes per story it took some getting use to but by the 4th and last season I think it was as good as the first 2.
Its one of my top 2 superheroes cartoon series the other being the X-Men

JLA was dumped for a very silly version of the Fantastic Four and the X-Men revived into Wolverine and the X-Men also a pale comparison to the first.

Bri

the warner blu features, have relevant sampler episodes as extras, so you can get a feel for the series before buying

The Newcastle branch of That's Entertainment has the Gotham Knight Blu in a £2.99 each or 2 for a fiver deal. So anyone interested in this should check their local store if you have one. I don't think you'll get much cheaper than that.

Bri

yes Justice League New Frontier has three episodes I think but they maybe Unlimited. I'll try to check if I can and get back.

Bri

Its not from the TV series made into one, the GL is Hal Jordan and Barry Allen is the Flash and not Wally West

Its not from the TV series made into one, the GL is Hal Jordan and Barry Allen is the Flash and not Wally West

What I meant was it has three episodes of the Justice League TV series as extras in addition to New Frontier. I'll try to check which episodes they are tomorrow.

Bri

Dark Knight Returns could be amazing (certainly looks like they've invested more in it, particularly splitting it into 2 parts)

I reviewed four of the Batman-related animated movies on Blu and I think he stands out in all of them:

Year One of course
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (based on Supergirl)
Justice League Doom (based on the excellent Tower of Babel story) --> this one's VERY Batman-centric

I'd always hoped they would get around to doing a decent Dark Knight Returns live-action movie, but now I'm quite happy they're sticking with an animated version as it looks like it can afford to be far more respectful of the material.

I would love the Animated Series to be upgraded to Blu-Ray :)

I'm not sure if you can get it on Blu-ray (maybe in the States?) but the Mask of The Phantasm TV movie was really good. I used to like that as a kid.

Pretty sure Mark Hammil did one of the voices as well.

I'm not sure if you can get it on Blu-ray (maybe in the States?) but the Mask of The Phantasm TV movie was really good. I used to like that as a kid.

Yes he voiced the Joker in the TV series and he played the not too disimular part of the Trickster in the live action Flash series.

Bri

The three TV episodes as extras on the Justice League New Frontier Blu are are all Justice League Unlimited. The titles aee Dark Heart, To Another Shore and Task Force X.

Bri

Phantasm dvd only at the mo

Does anyone know if they plan to release Batman:The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 & 2 in the same package or are separate Blus they way to go, for the moment anyway ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom