1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batman Animated Series

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by pointon, Jan 8, 2002.

1. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Have read on a couple of American backwards DVD news sites that there's some animated Batman releases on the way in Spring... I've been waiting since I was a kid (about last week) for a proper DVD release, without cuts. Especially the Batman & Superman animated movie. Always so much better than the movies. Just like the animated Spawn series.

I'm probably being laughed at now aren't I?

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,368
    I know of a lot of famous people who are into Batman and such like. What is the difference between the Batman films and the animated film (what was it called?), in fact it was better than Batman and Robin film.

:cool: Ruby quarz shades.

3. garylloyd

garylloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Yes at last!!!!
    Are you in to Batman Beyond?
    I was wary at first but these are pretty cool,well worth a look.
    Gary

4. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    From what I can gather, the releases include the first few episodes of 'Batman: The Animated Series', the 'Subzero' animated film, the crossover 'Batman & Superman' movie, and also the 'Return of the Joker', which I think is 'Batman Beyond' - which I do think is a very class show - which I haven't seen yet. Apparently it was cut to ribbons by Warner to make it Kiddie-friendly, but is to be released uncut.

There's also mention of a DVD release of the new 'Justice League of America' (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern etc.) animated series that appeared on Cartoon Network across the pond, which is highly rated. I haven't found any mention of an airing date over here, so it could well be possible that the DVDs go on sale before the show has even been seen over here.

Update:

Just found mention of it on Jenz's website Bullets n Babes, so it must be true!

5. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    April 23rd is release date for this much looked forward to series,and no `Pointon` you won`t find me laughing,the Batman animated series blows away a good percentage of the films that hollywood deems fit to unleash on us :confused: it`s just the fact of it being animation that seems to stop people in their tracks and not even give these `kiddie`things a second glance,although it is changing slightly :rolleyes: It is such a shame that Warner in their infinite wisdom :confused: are not releasing these as full season sets :( (what is wrong with that company,they have no idea on how to market their films/merchandise/and every other thing they own to boot - just witness the closure world wide of the warner bros stores - all those animation cells you wont be able to buy,and all the wasted oportunities for some really classic models of their characters,etc - what did they do,release another golf range of crappy looking stufff - pah!!!) wow!! thats us off course a little,at least the first animated disc has the episodes in order of being shown,we shall have to pray that the others follow suit :rolleyes: