Batman and Superman Movie in 2009

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
After seeing i am lengend today and spotting a poster in new york city for a batman and superman movie got me thinking did the makers put this in as a little hint as to whats coming??

Or am i just wishfulily thinking:)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
i think it just a in-film humour personally. Then again if the fans want it...you never know, i dont see the point, we have so many superheroe movies coming up, especially the all star George 'Mad Max' Miller's JLA with those 2 characters anyway!.

Sometime around the turn of this century, movie geeks began buzzing over a proposed showdown between the two biggest icons in comic book history. Now, a new movie poster is advertising 2009 as the release date for the long-awaited “Batman vs. Superman,” and the flick is finally coming to a theater near you.

Well, sort of.

“That was Akiva,” laughed “I Am Legend” director Francis Lawrence this weekend, referring to a geeky sight gag created by his writer Akiva Goldsman. “It's very funny.”

In “Legend,” Will Smith's character is one of the few humans left alive in 2012, following a massive 2009 virus attack. As he wanders the abandoned, filth-ridden streets of Manhattan, the world is frozen in time from the moment that the rabies-like disease hit. When “Legend” hits theaters December 14th, eagle-eyed viewers will be able to spot all sorts of futuristic billboards, including one that features the iconic symbols of Batman and Superman.

“That was Akiva's department; Akiva became the cheerleader for every movie poster and [inside] thing you'll see in this movie,” grinned Lawrence, who previously directed the Keanu Reeves flick “Constantine.” “So, because we're in a video store, you'd see movie posters around, and when we're in Times Square so you'd see movie posters around.”

When “Legend” eventually lands on DVD, fans will be able to slow down the action and fully enjoy all the in-jokes that appear behind Will Smith's adventures. The “Batman vs. Superman” billboard is one of the largest in Times Square, however, so even though the title of the film isn't written out, the phony advertisement will come through loud and clear to the geeks.

“I just let Akiva handle [coming up with those], and he got very excited,” Lawrence said of Goldman, who was once attached to a real-life “Batman vs. Superman” failed script, and also wrote 1997's “Batman & Robin.”

“It became his own little department,” Lawrence remembered. “His own side project of ‘What movies would be coming out in 2009, when the apocalypse happens?'”

Unfortunately, fans interpreting the billboard as a sign that Supes and the Dark Knight will soon square off are setting themselves up for disappointment. “No, no, no,” laughed Lawrence, when asked if the billboard was his way of announcing his next project. “That's not me.”

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
im a geek then:thumbsup:

Kazuya Mishima

MrFurious, have you read the Superman/Batman comic books? (hardback books from DC comics, can get them in Waterstones/Amazon/Borders etc) By that I mean books which featured both characters within the same story.

I loved them and thought they were great stories, the contrast between the two men's morals and code of ethics was very intriguing. In the right hands, would make excellent films.....

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
no i have not read them...yet.

I will have to track them down, thanks

the_pauley

Banned
The upcoming JLA movie apparently features a battle between Superman and Batman and one between Superman and Wonder Woman.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
have any pictures been released of the jla movie, ive not heard anything about it

the_pauley

Banned
No. Still in pre-production. The script and director have been approved and smne of the roles have been cast. It begins shooting soon.

Sami

MrFurious, have you read the Superman/Batman comic books? (hardback books from DC comics, can get them in Waterstones/Amazon/Borders etc) By that I mean books which featured both characters within the same story.

I loved them and thought they were great stories, the contrast between the two men's morals and code of ethics was very intriguing. In the right hands, would make excellent films.....

Are you referring to the World's Finest series of comics? - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Ba...r_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199644432&sr=8-11

Kazuya Mishima

No, actually this one
51gk90ex24lbo2204203200kr4.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Ba...r_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199645615&sr=1-12

and the four which follow it. That one is number one in the series, I have 5 so far. They are brilliant. If anyone wants the links to the others in the series, let me know (although they shouldn't be too hard to track down on Amazon).

Sami

I think I might have to make a couple of purchases!

My favorite Batman Superman moment will always be from The Dark Night Strikes Again by Frank Miller - I just loved the whole: "... now, get out of my cave!!!" scene!

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom