batman AC - knackered my disc?

silent

Banned
hi

purchased a copy of this from the forums and everything going swimmingly until i jogged the xbox. the disc made a jumping sound and grind and stopped playing and a message comes up saying disc cannot be read. i ejected it and there are 2 circle scratches on the surface. i put it back in and it loads and when i get to start the game it crashes.

is the disc knackered and a new copy is needed or can i fix it/a company can fix it?

also, can i borrow someone elses copy and copy it to the hard drive, use my copy to boot and do it that way?

or do i need a new copy :(

noisecrime

Sadly the disc is knackered, but either option you mention 'should' work.

Places like Game, Blockbusters or anyone who has a disc repair service might be able to repair it for about £2, though it really depends on the deepness of the scratches.

If the game loads but crashes when you start to play, then you might be better of borrowing a working disc and install that to your HDD. So either borrow off a friend or perhaps rent it from somewhere, then use your damaged disc to play the game from your HDD.

Worse case, approach the publisher of the game and ask for a replacement, though that can cost anywhere from £10-£20.

silent

Banned
cheers mate. i had read that you can borrow a copy but didn't know if that breaks copyright laws etc.

is it easy to copy it all to your hdd? is it like backing up in multiman on the ps3?

silent

Banned
cheers mate. i had read that you can borrow a copy but didn't know if that breaks copyright laws etc.

is it easy to copy it all to your hdd? is it like backing up in multiman on the ps3?

noisecrime

As long as you own a genuine copy of the game then there should be no problem at all. Its as if you'd copied it to the HDD before the disc got ruined.

As for copying to HDD it is very easy. Simply select the game on the xbox dashboard then press Y (or is it X) to get the game options (not eject disc ;) ), from here it should have two options 'play game' and 'install', just select install.

Alternatively you should find the same option in your game library when the game is selected. Just have a play around you should find the option somewhere :)

Of course you'll need enough space on your HDD (around 6GB I would guess).

I would also go as far as saying that you should install all you 'current' games to avoid this issue in the future and to avoid general wear and tear of the DVD player.

silent

Banned
i took it into blockbuster today and he said its a laser burn and i paid £2 for them to sort it. a lot of the burn came off and left a little bit so will hopefully have sorted it out. touch wood. if not, i joined so will hire the game out and copy to the system.

silent

Banned
hoorah. it worked a treat, now installing to hdd. well happy.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom