Question Bathroom speaker help

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Speakers' started by vipergrm, Nov 9, 2017.

1. vipergrm

vipergrm

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +578
      Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend a decent bluetooth speaker for a bathroom? I would prefer a ceiling mounted one if possible. Had a look a the bluetooth mirrors but the ones I saw didn't seem particularly loud and the Mrs didn't really like that idea anyway. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

2. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
      Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Unit 5 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
      Ratings:
      +581
      I would try to look at a more conventional speaker, amp configuration and let the amp include the bluetooth.

Bluetooth is a very limited with its distance and you've also experienced the limitations on sound quality (amplification in-place of Bluetooth signal).

It may cost a little more, but the benefits long term will be far more enjoyable.

3. vipergrm

vipergrm

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +578
      You do realise this is for a bathroom? The distance doesn't matter because the room is so small. I don't know anyone who would want a separate amp configuration for a bathroom. It's just for Spotify and radio etc.

4. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
      Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Unit 5 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
      Ratings:
      +581
      Yeah, I also know the issues that bluetooth present for customers. It seems like a perfect solution, but they tend to fall short. Bluetooth is great for one box solution in the corner of a room, kids bedroom, out and about, but they do have limitation. I'm guessing you'll be using your phone to transmit sound to the speakers and control the volume?

You can place the amplifier out of sight in the bathroom, within reach of the speakers

Products similar to the Yamaha WXA-50 have the ability to be controlled via a phone app (so you never need to come in contact with them or even see them for that matter). They will have enough power to dive a larger pair of in-ceiling speaker so you are able to please both yourself and your partner.

Remember, the shower will drown some of the audio out, so if you don't like the sound now, what will it be like when you add the sound of shower.

5. Konzentr8

Konzentr8

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +17
      A cheap Class D amp with bluetooth for £40-50 and a pair of marine grade speakers , boxes or wall/ceiling mounted
      (£30 +) would do the trick. Try Amazon .
      Nobsound and DROK both make very small bluetooth amps for £ 25 ish and Bassface do a pair of speakers , with brackets , in 3 different colours that your partner might like , model
      SPLBOX and 4RD (red) 4BL (blue) 4YL (yellow) £26.99 pair .

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    6. j1singh

j1singh

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +10
      A decent portiable bluetooth speaker which is waterproof and sounds great for the given size and price is the JBL Flip 4.

It is small yet very well built. You could place it on a shelf and not have the worry of steam doing any damage to it.

As for sound quality I found this to be the best in its price point against other competitors.

7. Ste7en

Ste7en
      Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +3,264
      I'm constantly impressed at the JBL Flip speakers. My kids have had the Flip 2s, Flip 3s and they are getting the Flip 4s in their stockings at Christmas.

You can pair them for stereo and you can link multiple devices. They are also waterproof.