Bath Rugby vs. Gloucester Rugby - 4/1/2008.

Bristol Pete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Covered this ding dong of a game tonight. A real war of attrition. Middle of the park rugby if you will with two teams who play pack rugby scrapping it out, with Bath nailing it 10-5 in the end. Good atmosphere.

Nice lighting as SKY were in situ and they brought their own floodlights as they often do. As such, I under exposed by 2/3rds of a stop to get the shutter about right and set up a custom white balance at 6500 Kelvins though the onboard Flash WB setting was not far off. All shot at ISO 2000 over above, max 3200.

Overall, the Mark III performed like a dream tonight. Maybe it is starting to sing at last. But then, like Han Solo, I pilot my machine quite well but still room for improvement. A little bit of 'sportrait' at the end.

Enjoy, comments welcome.

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby32.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby5.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby20.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby19.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby16.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby13.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby10.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby2.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby29.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby25.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby28.jpg

UN_PT_BathRugbyvGloucesterRugby39.jpg

Watched the game and I think you've done a great job. The 2nd shot is fantastic, it really captured the intensity of the game, not a single player looking anywhere other than the centre of the ball. :)

Very well chosen shots here. Capture the action and atmosphere well. Superb timing and composition. Quite grainy which adds to the effect. Lovely colour throughout. All of them look great. :thumbsup:

HI ya

Another great set Pete.

#2 very good reminds me of a sky advert.:thumbsup:

Also #11 you have caught him spot on.:thumbsup:

Nice lighting as SKY were in situ and they brought their own floodlights as they often do. As such, I under exposed by 2/3rds of a stop to get the shutter about right and set up a custom white balance at 6500 Kelvins though the onboard Flash WB setting was not far off. All shot at ISO 2000 over above, max 3200.

Total newbie, just want to ask you a question on this. Is there a reason why you set up your own WB and how did you come to this figure?

Cheers Holo:smashin::smashin:

I watched this game as well and was feeling for the snappers there. Great shot of Barkley, Mears and Patterson in the first - how clean does he look and what a great try he scored.

That looks like a real nasty mud-fest. Super shots. Glad the camera is doing what it is meant to do.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom