Answered Bass Transducer not working...Am I connecting it right?

noobtv

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought one of these cheap bass transducers from amazon:-

51B-Q1l2IJL.jpg

I want to test this shaker by connecting it to an old Sony HT K215 5.1 amp same as below:-

D-HT-K215R-SUB.jpg

....by using it's active subwoofer's phono output (stripping the phono lead and using the two wires).

However I'm getting nooutput.

Could anyone please advice what I'm doing wrong?

All I want to do is test it to make sure it's working, because I'll be connecting it in a few weeks time.

Thanks

I'm extremely sorry mods for posting several same threads. The thing is everytime I tried to post it, I got a message "Try again in 10 seconds", so I thought it wasn't working.

Apologies again

I apologise, but I'm a bit confused. Looking at the amp photo I posted, which output from there do I use?

Here is another close-uo photo of the amp:-

822661367_2_1000x700.jpg

PS: I want the sound of the subwoofer/bass to shake and not the tweeter sound of the speakers.

The Sony doesn't have the right type of connections you need. What you need is an amp with normal speaker terminals. The Sony has some strange ones that look to be only for use with the speakers that came with it.

Are you looking for the twin bellwire type of connection? Like this? :-

Wholesale-500pcs-2PIN-PUSH-Red-and-Black-Spring-Push-Type-Speaker-Cable-wire-Loudspeaker-Audio-Terminal.jpg

Yes, like those or binding posts. Ideally, you need something like this to power a bass shaker.

SA100 100W Subwoofer Plate Amplifier

You then connect the shaker to the speaker terminals/binding posts on the amp and then connect the LFE output from your AV Amp/Receiver to the input on the amp.

The sony amp even though it's not showing, does that the type of connections, but instead they are within the actual speaker wires.

But forgive me, I'm confused as I'm not sure how to still connect it...assuming I can wire to one of my amp connectors, which speaker output on there do I need to wire it to? FL? FR? RL? RR? or SUB?

FL or FR will get power to the shaker but you still need to get the right signal going to it as well. That's where something like a sub amp will do the job properly. I don't think you'll be able to get the results you want from that Sony.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom