1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bass Rocker

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by jpwhaley, Jan 15, 2003.

1. jpwhaley

jpwhaley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone tried using Bass rockers in their HT system?
    I saw cpc has one quite cheap, here is the link
    One of these mounted in your chair with a simple Amp/subcrossover could be quite fun :p

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Transducers have been in use for a few years now. The best best ones I have seen are by Clark Synthesis (I think that's the right name). They cost a fair bit though.

There should be some forum members that have them in their systems.

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,086
    I have some in my set-up, and I think they add another dimension to the home cinema experience in much the same way a sub-woofer does.

In my lounge, the sub is situated right next to the sofa, and any vibrations it makes are transfered via the floor into the sofa. You can feel the explosions as well as hear them.

In my loft the sub placement meant that the same sensations couldn't be achieved, so I used an old 60w stereo amp, and used 3 bass shakers wired in series (to give a 12ohms) per channel.

I have 4 on the bottom of the two seater seat, (2 from the left channel, and 2 from the right) and a single shaker in each of the other two chairs.

The amp gets its' signal via the LFE out from my Denon amp, so they only actuate for 80hz or lower frequencies. This can be a little high in some films, so I have an X30 which I'll be using to filter out the higher frquencies so that the shakers only operate from around 50hz or lower.

Definately worth having some shakers in your system in my opinion. The opening of Toy Story 2 will probably loosen a few of your teeth. :)

Gary