Bass management in Cambridge Audio 540D

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ovation, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Ovation

Ovation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the 540D apply bass management to two channel audio from a CD through its multichannel output? The owner's manual is a bit vague about this. It seems to imply on page 10 that if a subwoofer is ON, summed low frequencies will be sent to it, regardless of the number active channels in the multichannel outputs. I presume that applies in DVD-A mode, but does it also apply to CDs? The Denon 2200/2900 allow for this, effectively turning the player into a 2.1 configuration for CD playback. I'd really like to know if the Cambridge player can do this.

Will be purchasing a player this weekend, so any quick replies would be appreciated.

2. Ovation

Ovation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one knows the answer to this????!!!!!! Is it because it's so new (seems to have been out for a while) or because no one cares about this characteristic?

3. Ovation

Ovation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An American dealer says it's 80hz, but I have no documentation to support that. If anyone can confirm this before tomorrow, that'd be great.