Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Bass management in Cambridge Audio 540D

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ovation, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Ovation

Ovation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the 540D apply bass management to two channel audio from a CD through its multichannel output? The owner's manual is a bit vague about this. It seems to imply on page 10 that if a subwoofer is ON, summed low frequencies will be sent to it, regardless of the number active channels in the multichannel outputs. I presume that applies in DVD-A mode, but does it also apply to CDs? The Denon 2200/2900 allow for this, effectively turning the player into a 2.1 configuration for CD playback. I'd really like to know if the Cambridge player can do this.

Will be purchasing a player this weekend, so any quick replies would be appreciated.

2. Ovation

Ovation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one knows the answer to this????!!!!!! Is it because it's so new (seems to have been out for a while) or because no one cares about this characteristic?

3. Ovation

Ovation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An American dealer says it's 80hz, but I have no documentation to support that. If anyone can confirm this before tomorrow, that'd be great.