1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic Tivo questions (newbie)

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by mellow, Mar 10, 2003.

Tags:
  1. mellow

mellow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having read users' feedback on these boxes, I'm considering trying to track one down. A couple of points concern me though:

a) If I manage to find a second-hand one that's already registered (lifetime registration for argument's sake) - can the registration be transfered to the new owner? or would I have to register again at full cost?

b) I have a Toshiba TV (36ZT29B) with integrated digital tuner for Freeview. Can I use this with a Tivo to record the digital channels?

2. Benedict

Benedict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    [a] The subscription is tied to the box and not the owner of the box, so a box with a lifetime subscription would remain subscribed even after it was sold.

The TiVo IR database does not include codes for changing the channel on IDTV's. Even if it did, you would have to leave your TV on all the time. TiVo has a built in analogue tuner. Spend £80 on a FreeView box. Your TiVo will love you fir it!