Quantcast

Basic tablet for CCTV monitor

152bobby

I'm looking for a 8 to 10 inch Android tablet to simply watch a WiFi camera in another room in the house using the Safe by Swann app.

Simply to do this and nothing else.

Are the non branded Android tablets on eBay for about £50 ok for this ? Normally I would not even contemplate this, but as it's just for a monitor, why not !!

Something like this

Cheers

techquest

I know Safe by Swann works on android 9 but not sure if it will work on android 8. Have looked at their site and support and nothing mentions the android version required. The best thing to do would be to contact them and ask or at least get a device that is android 9, which you can find on the bay or maybe Amazon, which at least you can return if it turns out to be not good enough.

152bobby

Cheers, Swann Support are well known for their slow support replies. Normally in the description of most apps, it usually mentions something like Android 8 and above etc, but I checked the description and no mention. The Swann community forum has been off line for maintenance for over a month now, as that's were I would have asked such a question, as they actually have Swann employees doing replies. I also sent a few questions out to eBay sellers who are selling these cheapo tablets.

Anyway, I found one which runs on Android 8 and was only £40, so I've taken a punt and see what turns up.

I'm not expecting too much, but if it does the one thing I want it to do, I'll be happy.

techquest

Yes Swann and their support is not good and yet they're a top tier manufacturer, you'd think they could include a simple one liner re the android versions, loI the simplest of thing! Also thought about the forum but as you found, it's off line.

Hope your punt, the product and android 8 works out.

Top Bottom