• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Basic stereo amp with Hi Level inputs?


Standard Member
Hi. I am installing a waterproof TV in a new ensuite bathroom, and the waterproof speakers it comes with aren't the best in the world and are only 3 inch drivers. The sound is ok if just lozacking in the bath, but it is a whirlpool bath and there is a power shower also, so with either of these going, tbh the wound is not good at all. Was considering an upgrade to a larger higher quality speaker, which I;m sure will improve things, but would like to use a loft mounted amp to drive them. Trouble is, the tv had no rca outputs, only high level outputs to the speakers.
I know some car amps have hi level inputs, but is there anything in a basic 2 channel "home" amp that takes such inputs? I was also told I could buy convertion wiring to drop the hi level voltages to use a regular amp, but not sure if this is true.
BTW, TV was a cheapy, new but does not have a digital tuner on board, it is analogue and was a bargain price as a result. Otherwise I would not be intalling one, as we are on a relatively tight budget now, so I am hoping for a pretty cheap amp, eg a Richer Sounds Cambridge audio or something. So long as we can hear the TV, it will be fine, ultimate quality is not so much of an issue.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom