Basic set up

Silverginger5

Standard Member
Hi, I have a Onkyo HT-S3305 bundle but unfortunaley the receiver has been damaged and no longer works. I have a low budget of £350ish for a replacement and was considering 1 of the following options:

1. Buy a new all in one package- onkyo HT-S5405
2. Buy a new receiver. The issue with this is the subwoofer I have is passive and is connected via speaker cable. This would mean buying a new sub aswell.

Any advice on a better all in one option or a combo of receiver and sub greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

PSM1

Distinguished Member
At least getting the 5405 will mean you are getting an active sub so if this happens in the future then you can just get a new reciever.
If looking at reciever and sub there are some good deals on at the moment on last years models. These will have all the functionality you will need. I believe you can get models like the Sony 810 or Onkyo 508 for under £200 now. Then if you can add a little more to the budget you could get the BK Electronics Gemini II for £200 which would be well worth it.

Silverginger5

Standard Member
Thanks. I have been looking at the Onkyo 508 but have yet to see it under £200. How much of a difference would adding the Gemini II add to the system? Are there any better all in one options other than the HT-S5405?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The Gemini II is going to be significantly better than the sub with either Onkyo system. It will give cleaner, punchier bass and I feel will transform the system.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom