Basic set up to improve sound on flat screen tv

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by twg2, Sep 1, 2013.

1. twg2

twg2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have a flat screen tv in a small room , no one uses the room or tv as the sound is so bad , i am looking at cheap options to improve things options i can see based having tolled the web last night are. budget of 300 - 400 , i have a spare pair of unused bookshelf speakers here to throw into the solution if needed as well.

Option one is a sound bar talked to my dealer and he recommended the sonos play bar as a minimum. Happy to take advice on cheaper options.

option two , but a cheap stereo integrated amp from richer sounds take the audio output from the tv into this and feed the speaker i already have . i think i need an adaptor for the scart as i don't have the audio out on the tv.

Option three buy one of the cheaper AV amps and just use the left right and center channels for now , i can use the speakers i have and only have to source a center , will give me more than i am after but will probably be better sound and give me a path to upgrade later .

Answers asap , as off to kingston in an hour or so !!!!!

Thanks

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,465
    I hope you went with Option 02.

The PLAYBAR option is nuts unless you already have Sonos around the house.

Joe