basic scart question

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by DrMekon, Aug 4, 2006.

1. DrMekon

DrMekon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    WIll a tv with a scart input accept any scart connection... say from an s-video to scart, or a component to scart, rgb to scart etc... or does the tv itself need to have some form of hardware to accept such signals, like rgb??

As long as it has a scart adapter on one end, will it work, regardless of what the other end is???

I have a 12 year old tv, and am trying to figure out the best way to connect it to my yam 2600... I know component is best, then s-video, then composite.. can I use any of these??

2. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,787
    No is the basic answer.

Scart is a standard connector, and can carry composite, s-video and RBG, but it is down to the TV as to whether it can handle those signals (or whether the source can output them)

Note that on many TVs with multiple scarts, each scart generally has different capabilities. One socket will support RGB, another will not

3. DrMekon

DrMekon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Aaahhh.. ok.. me thinks theres now light at the end of what seemed a long dark tunnell....

Does the same apply for s-video to scart?? I know composite will work on pretty much anything, but is the poorest quality.