1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic question - compatibility concerns

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by OldRookie, Aug 31, 2005.

1. OldRookie

OldRookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Concern: I have decided to build a computer PVR. I’m well along and have decided to go with Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition (MCE) – including the Microsoft MCE remote keyboard and Microsoft handheld remote with receiver. However, I had previously purchased the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150 (unopened, but cut out proof of purchase for rebate). Now I realize that I should have bought the Hauppauge 150 MCE (for compatibility with remotes?). My thought now is that I should go with/purchase a 250 MCE and eat the 150? Appreciate any suggestions/enlightenment.

Hope this makes sense.

2. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +490
  3. OldRookie

OldRookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So the Microsoft MCE keyboard will work with the non-MCE WinTV-PVR 150 with the software that you referred me to without any compatibility issues? Also, I had ordered the 'Microsoft remote control w/receiver for Windows XP MCE' .. would this work as well? or, do I even need it? The WinTV also lists as contents 'IR remote control transmitter cable to control satelite and cable set top boxes' - I do have a cable box. I note that the 150 does come with software, but I would use what you referred me to instead? thanks for your response..