basic Plasma & Sky question

HomeyJay

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a Toshiba 42" plasma and is simply wonderful when I'm watching a DVD through the component (YUV) input on the plasma. I'm watching sky+ through the s-video input and it's ok but not wonderful. Should I be buying the RGB to plasma convertor box for Sky + or will it really not make that much difference as sky's picture is pretty grotty anyway (compared to componet DVD)

Any views ??

It's well worth the money for the better colour rendition if nothing else.

It's worth noting though that some of the Sky channels seem to be better than others (partially I would imagine because some of them are transmitting rather old programs).

The colours on various Sky channels depends very much on the original source material and what bit-rate it's been allocated. Some channels are better than others. News 24 is always excellent looking, but an outside broadcast on Sky News can look very bad.

But what you can do is to improve the intereface between Sky and your plasma, which is where the RGB to Plasma VGA unit comes in. There's quite a number of posts about this unit, all covering what it can (and can't) do for you.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.
J.S. Technology

i have the toshiba plasma and i use a rgb to vga from john sim and the picture is very good well worth it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom