1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic Grasp of Pronto Needed Please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by dbloor, Jan 2, 2002.

1. dbloor

dbloor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am getting cheesed with a seperate remote for all my stuff and so I am considering a Pronto..... plus I like new toys.

However what I need to know is can I configure it in an easy manner or will it be a dogs breakfast like the learning remote on my Denon 3802. On that it is jolly annoying to have to click back and forth with the top buttons to switch devices then fiddle with all the others to adjust each parameter.

What I imagine a Pronto would do is have a screen for each box, with a nice easy button set up so if say it's configured for DVD then I get play and pause on the DVD with a volume button on same screen that I may adjust the amp with.
    Then say I want the radio/cable box or whatever I can press a button for this that I have customised on the top and get a screen with channel/station change plus volume from amp plus whatever else I want.

Is it this easy please?

Cheers

D

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,462
    the way the pronto is designed....you can design the screens/layout to be as simple or complicated as you like....!!

I like complex screens for me, and simple screens for me girlfriend, with buttons like play stop etc...

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    It is that easy as long as you have a logical mind. If not logical then it will take a little longer to achieve what you want.

There is a web site devoted to remote controls and hundreds of people have uploaded their configurations for public download.

I started by finding files for the same amp, TV and VCR and combining them into one.

My Pioneer 545 was more difficult as no-one had uploaded a 545 file so I used another DVD file that I fancied the look of and used the learning ability of the Pronto to overwrite the wrong codes with the right ones for the 545.

Great fun and my wife has no problems with it even if the two year old hasn't quite got the hang of it.

Ian